2017 Rut

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I did finally see two mature does Sunday morning, and that's all I saw. Gave them a pass (for now). No bucks and no fawns. I am told that both of these does had fawns, but they have disappeared. Might have something to do with the bobcat they've been seeing lately. Come December 1, he could be in jeopardy.

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sat until 11 yesterday with zero movement. Scouted a new area of the lease and jumped deer twice, but it's a hell of a hike and thicker than a matted up dog. I may try hunting on the ground in that area, no blind or stand. Sat from 4 until dark with no deer sightings again. They're locked to bedding areas until dark, from what I can figure. I tried bleets, grunts and rattling throughout my hunts.

I did jump 3 bobcat from the middle of a field. Guess they were sunning themselves and didn't appreciate me getting 10 feet from them. Glad I didn't have to pee

okieshooter777

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
had a heck of a productive weekend. saw about 11 deer total with a saturday morning, evening, and sunday evening sit.

Saw 4 bucks, all young, 2 of which were hustling does. saw 4 does, and 3 fawns. Watched a young buck beat the heck out of a cedar, and rub all over licking branches. He had the does pretty mad, as he was running them everywhere and they weren't having any of his crap. No shooters seen.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
About 50 miles from home to the stand, saw one old road kill on the way, different route home and saw none. I was covered up with doe/fawns from about 4:30 on, on five small bucks. All deer interested in eating corn/beans or browse, no interest in each other. There's a fresh scrape about 10y north of my stand and had seven big girls walk right over the top of it and never put their head down, and all 5 bucks did the same. All bucks came in about 10 minutes apart, does/fawns came in groups of 5 or more, no single doe.

kwaynem

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
About 50 miles from home to the stand, saw one old road kill on the way, different route home and saw none. I was covered up with doe/fawns from about 4:30 on, on five small bucks. All deer interested in eating corn/beans or browse, no interest in each other. There's a fresh scrape about 10y north of my stand and had seven big girls walk right over the top of it and never put their head down, and all 5 bucks did the same. All bucks came in about 10 minutes apart, does/fawns came in groups of 5 or more, no single doe.
It’s still not going here either

Latest posts

Top Bottom