2017 Rut

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Sit and glassed this evening, not a lot of deer until about 5:30. Saw just under two dozen deer, zero chasing, zero shooters, zero rut activity whatsoever. All bucks and doe were out in green wheat eating like it was December.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sit and glassed this evening, not a lot of deer until about 5:30. Saw just under two dozen deer, zero chasing, zero shooters, zero rut activity whatsoever. All bucks and doe were out in green wheat eating like it was December.
Same here. Saw a brute of a buck come out of some trees across the wheat field, head for some does on the wheat field, and then mingle with them with no chasing activity at all.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just judging by camera activity, it appears bucks are trolling for hot mamas. Basically, all I’m getting on camera consistently is does and yearlings, but there are occasional bucks that appears to be just passing through.

I got one on camera yesterday that (from the single picture) looks BIG and really similar in size and rack shape to my 2014 buck.

tslabaugh

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Speaking of B&C, this guy was road hit on my way to work this morning or appeared to be. Laying outside a fence like he couldn't get over it. Wouldn't get up for nothing and was panting like crazy. Called warden.

Hopefully he is just so ate up with a doe that he wouldn't move, but he was so close to the road!

Biggest mature buck I've ever seen in the wild...

Attachments

• IMG_3564.PNG
    IMG_3564.PNG
    368.8 KB · Views: 195

Latest posts

Top Bottom