2018 Big 12 Championship

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1911Sooner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think its true that bad Sec offense make their defense look good and bad Big 12 defense make the offenses look good. But Michigan had the #1 defense in the Country and Ohio St lite them up like a Christmas tree so give me good offense over good defense.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Big 12 Championship game will tell a lot. Texas's defense has gotten better over the season and OU's defense had gotten worse. But I do think that OU will prevail with their high octane offense. There offensive line is the best in the league and they have the best Quarterback in the league. I'm very hopeful. :ou1

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Big 12 Championship game will tell a lot. Texas's defense has gotten better over the season and OU's defense had gotten worse. But I do think that OU will prevail with their high octane offense. There offensive line is the best in the league and they have the best Quarterback in the league. I'm very hopeful. :ou1
This is what makes it so damn "painful". Offense is good enough to beat anyone, any given day and anywhere. Yet they have no defense at all. I think some of the Tulsa high school defensive squads are probably as good if not better.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's not coaching, its recruiting that has caused the issue.

I disagree. OU has taken 3 star offensive players and made them 1st and 2nd round draft picks. Right now I blame the position coaches on the defensive side. We are getting no pressure up front as our D-Linemen are not shedding blocks at all. Guys are not wrapping up on tackles. Too many times have I watched a wr catch a pass 3 yards behind the LOS and the defensive player just waits for them 4-5 yards past the LOS instead of rushing to the ball and tackling. These are all coaching issues that need to be fixed. What OU needs to do is find a DC from a smaller college that is doing well, bring them in and let them bring in their position coaches. I never fully blamed Mike Stoops, just as I never blamed Venables. Hell, look at Venables, went to Clemson and now they have a top notch defense.

Yes, recruiting good defensive players, those with natural skill and ability, is key. But when you can't coach even 3 stars to provide even basic defense and you see glaring issues, that is a coaching problem.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is what makes it so damn "painful". Offense is good enough to beat anyone, any given day and anywhere. Yet they have no defense at all. I think some of the Tulsa high school defensive squads are probably as good if not better.
Tuttle HS could beat OU. They are undefeated and going to the state championship game.

Latest posts

Top Bottom