2018 Controlled Hunts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brian89

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
ODWC's drawing process is so weird, My group hasn't drew since 2014, yet my cousin and uncle drew Salt Plains archery last year, and this year cousin draws the SP black powder hunt, and uncle draws the Buck Antelope in Cimarron County. WTH?

it could be we are applying as a group of four. Has anyone here been successful recently putting in with that big of a group?

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
ODWC's drawing process is so weird, My group hasn't drew since 2014, yet my cousin and uncle drew Salt Plains archery last year, and this year cousin draws the SP black powder hunt, and uncle draws the Buck Antelope in Cimarron County. WTH?

it could be we are applying as a group of four. Has anyone here been successful recently putting in with that big of a group?

That’s a good question. There was a group of us at work that applied as a group. We didn’t get drawn for
years. We split up and one of the son in laws got a cow elk and another guy got a deer hunt someplace.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
My son applied with a group of 4 this year and they drew Salt Plains.
Nice! I grew up in Enid and know SP pretty well. I’ve tried to draw in there for years with no luck. We used to hunt geese in the waterfowl area on the north side. Saw some really nice deer. Found the biggest shed I’ve ever found on the north side too.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve tried to draw in there for years with no luck.

Maybe you're just associating with the wrong group of people! :rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:
We've drawn in at SP several times over the years. There has always been only two of us applying together, but surely that wouldn't make any difference???:anyone:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Your more likely to draw with more people on your application.
Sometimes what happens is that someone or two in the group have really low preference points, and others have high points.
For the draw, all in the group have their points averaged.

Latest posts

Top Bottom