2019 Deer Hunting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We are going to spavinaw this weekend for a youth hunt, anybody seeing any action NE?
I don't deer hunt but I do drive a feedtruck around feeding cows. The last two days I'm finally starting to see some deer moving around. Just north of Inola if that helps answer your question any.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
View attachment 146269
No buck tag for either kid this year again, my daughter and I did manage to draw the exact same blind as both of them hunted in last year though, and on separate weekends no doubt...the boy and wife are on the west side of the river, we're on east side of river/lake...have had one lil 6 point come thru 20 minutes after we got into blind, really white antlers on him
Good luck Clint and family! Looking forward to some pics.
Btw, are those blinds already set up on the place? If so, that pretty cool.

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Daughter got her doe around 5ish, seems we took "Murphy" hunting with us as well though! By dark tonight, my son had mistakenly killed TWO does instead of one, my wife and son locked the keys in the truck they were in, we took the extra deer to a processor an hour+ out of our way to donate it and then couldn't get ahold of them to meet us, drove back to drop off my daughters deer out our normal processor and got there too late so they were shutdown for the night, so ended up with 2 deer at the house and one donated to a local family that wanted one...just now getting settled down, successful but stressful evening! All good now though!
20191108_171821.jpg

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As OKbassin said, these blinds are in place already...funny thing is, when you go thru the prehunt briefing, you draw numbers for blinds, I've been on 3 weekends hunts there in 2 years now, sat in same blind everytime! Pretty good spot I guess, we saw 10 or more deer in 1.5 hours this evening, 2 bucks and the rest does/yearlings

Latest posts

Top Bottom