2019 Deer Hunting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SnowCamo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I slept in this morning, made some sausage biscuits to go with my coffee and just got to the stand. I’ll put in a good hour before lunch.
Judging by all the acorns I walked over to get here it may be a little tough if they’re not chasing.

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I honestly don’t believe they are rutting in Piedmont. At least not on my place.

Last night, I had 3 small bucks eating at the feeder for 30 mins. They left, and doe started filing in. Ended up with 7 doe at the feeder until just after dark.

Went out this morning and almost no activity. Finally had a little 8 pt stroll by around 8:30am, then a doe came by a short time later. Pulled my camera cards on the way out and doe are still together and the bigger bucks are still nocturnal and not showing interest in the does while at the feeders.

I keep thinking that it has got to get started soon, and when it does, it might be an explosion of activity. I’m just getting anxious.

SnowCamo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How many rifle shots y’all hear this morning? I heard several, been getting lots of calls regarding when gun season opens. Apparently the late thanksgiving got folks confused.

I had the old OK Fish and Wildlife app on my phone and I believe it showed rife to open this weekend. I figured that may cause some confusion.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I thought it started this weekend too, but then my wife told me Thanksgiving is week after next.:scratch:

We had that discussion yesterday as well.

Not showing much rut activity here either. Bucks and does at the feeder, bucks not caring if other bucks are around. In the stand as we speak. Two bucks just walked off the food plot together.
Just went through a couple thousand pics from three cams.

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The switch flipped yesterday afternoon. I hit another twig shooting at the same buck as today, yesterday at 4pm. At 5, all hell broke loose with 5 bucks coming through chasing 1 of 3 doe. This morning I had a beauty of an 8 cone to 7 yards but he isn't a target buck send he looked like a 3 year old. Tonight the deer all showed up at dark. Bucks chasing does all around me as I stare at shadows.

be8d3a54eef187f9e68a9eeefa874887.jpg
f18c69c6be8ea45c438ecf8c3117b00a.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom