2019 Deer Hunting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
To those OSA'ers hunting........leave those phones in the truck fellas and stay alert.

Phone.jpg

texting.jpg

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I hunted a buddy’s place this morning. Passed on a decent 8 but the kid south of me shot it. There was a quarter of wheat between he and I. The deer made it to the middle of the wheat, so it was almost a half mile from me. I’m watching the kid in the binos and he’s on the phone. Probably getting permission to drive out to the deer. He drives out and struggles his butt off to get the deer in his truck. He’s trying to bear hug it up, then he tries to cradle the deer up. None of it is working. After 20 minutes or so, I’m laughing out loud. He finally gets on the tailgate on his knees and is trying to pull the deer up BUT by the hind legs. I know that’s not going to work. He’d shed a layer of clothes then bend over to catch his breath then walk around in circles. He did this a dozen times. By now, I’m texting the group about what I’m watching and laughing my butt off. I was going to hunt til 9 but at 8:30, I’m feeling bad for the kid so I get out and head to the truck to help him. By the time I get there, he had finally figured out that you have to pull the deer up
by the antlers and had it in the truck.
I got out of my truck and congratulated him on a nice deer. I shook his hand and thanked him for a good morning in the stand. I apologized for having a giggle at his struggle but at the end of our conversation we were both laughing.

Last edited:

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I hunted a buddy’s place this morning. Passed on a decent 8 but the kid south of me shot it. There was a quarter of wheat between he and I. The deer made it to the middle of the wheat, so it was almost a half mile from me. I’m watching the kid in the binos and he’s on the phone. Probably getting permission to drive out to the deer. He drives out and struggles his butt off to get the deer in his truck. He’s trying to bear hug it up, then he tries to cradle the deer up. None of it is working. After 20 minutes or so, I’m laughing out loud. He finally gets on the tailgate on his knees and is trying to pull the deer up BUT by the hind legs. I know that’s not going to work. He’d shed a layer of clothes then bend over to catch his breath then walk around in circles. He did this a dozen times. By now, I’m texting the group about what I’m watching and laughing my butt off. I was going to hunt til 9 but at 8:30, I’m feeling bad for the kid so I get out and head to the truck to help him. By the time I get there, he had finally figured out that you have to pull the deer up
by the antlers and had it in the truck.
I got out of my truck and congratulated him on a nice deer. I shook his hand and thanked him for a good morning in the stand. I apologized for having a giggle at his struggle but at the end of our conversation we were both laughing.

I could/probably should say 'video or it didn't happen' but I won't. Hey - I have been that kid!

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My grandson got this buck this morning over by Stratford ok.
Believe it or not it is a 11 point however you cant tell from the picture.
View attachment 147350

Spike or 11-point - doesn't matter - he's a trophy! Congrats! Now, how about the details?!?!?!

Latest posts

Top Bottom