2019 Deer Hunting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

meatGrinder

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well I was going to deer hunt this weekend with my dad, for the first time ever. He doesn't hunt at all, but we've been a little estranged and he wanted to reconnect by doing something I like.
I grew up fishing with him though.

He convinced me he had a great place to hunt. Turns out he was referring to the WMA just down the road from him. After scouting it out on his own he reported back that he found 4 tree stands and 3 ground blinds all within about 100 yards of each other. I told him I'm not driving all that way to hunt that. Sigh...

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well I was going to deer hunt this weekend with my dad, for the first time ever. He doesn't hunt at all, but we've been a little estranged and he wanted to reconnect by doing something I like.

He convinced me he had a great place to hunt. Turns out he was referring to the WMA just down the road from him. After scouting it out on his own he reported back that he found 4 tree stands and 3 ground blinds all within about 100 yards of each other. I told him I'm not driving all that way to hunt that. Sigh...
So basically he was wanting to take you hunting in somebody else’s stands?!?:rollingla

I’ve gotten the impression from other posts that you’re trying to reconnect with your Dad, but if you really want to specifically hunt with him, it sounds like you really need to take the lead. If fishing is more his thing, that may be a better avenue to reconnect.:anyone:

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Already set up for hunting!

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This guy started showing up on one of my neighbors' game cameras last year and mine this year.
View attachment 147962
View attachment 147963
I saw him two weeks before muzzleloader season, twice during that season, and my dad saw him once, but couldn't get a shot. Then last Monday I got this text:
View attachment 147964
He said he was finishing his coffee when his wife told him a big buck was standing outside across on my place. He picked up his rifle, stepped out and shot him. Used a Henry Long Ranger in .243 if anyone was wondering. I counted 21 points.
View attachment 147965
Happy for him, disappointed for me, just glad it wasn't some yahoo roadhunter or a car on the turnpike.

dear lord

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
This guy started showing up on one of my neighbors' game cameras last year and mine this year.
View attachment 147962
View attachment 147963
I saw him two weeks before muzzleloader season, twice during that season, and my dad saw him once, but couldn't get a shot. Then last Monday I got this text:
View attachment 147964
He said he was finishing his coffee when his wife told him a big buck was standing outside across on my place. He picked up his rifle, stepped out and shot him. Used a Henry Long Ranger in .243 if anyone was wondering. I counted 21 points.
View attachment 147965
Happy for him, disappointed for me, just glad it wasn't some yahoo roadhunter or a car on the turnpike.

That's an incredible buck!

Latest posts

Top Bottom