2019 Deer Hunting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tslabaugh

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Congrats! Heck of a rush, huh?

Definitely. I've shot a pig before but never recovered it and drew back on some bucks doing spot and stalk. Used to hold out for a trophy...and I went 3 years without! Not anymore, meat in the freezer! I do feel like I've awakened some ancestral instinct of enjoy watching an arrow sink into an animals vitals! LOL

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Definitely. I've shot a pig before but never recovered it and drew back on some bucks doing spot and stalk. Used to hold out for a trophy...and I went 3 years without! Not anymore, meat in the freezer! I do feel like I've awakened some ancestral instinct of enjoy watching an arrow sink into an animals vitals! LOL
Man, it's one of the greatest feelings in hunting, to me. Getting close, drawing without spooking them, connecting with the right location...

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Been covered up all morning, no shooters though.
20191011_085523.jpg

okieshooter777

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sat almost all day yesterday. Didn't see anything by 1130 so I checked cameras then got in another stand. Had 2 deer spook to the south of me at 620pm. Had a nice 2 year old 8 point come into 20 yards, feeding on persimmon leaves.
You are hardcore sitting 5-1/2 hours early October
Then turning around and get into another stand. I can force myself to do that in November, but tough to do early season!
Hope It pays off!

Latest posts

Top Bottom