2019 Deer Hunting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, now that season’s over, it appears I’m going to have a free weekend...:censored:

I guess I’ll make a trip up to pack everything in for the season. I need to check cameras/replace batteries, fill feeders, take skirts off tripod stands, and seal up box stands, and probably more importantly, I need to check on my house. I need to get the stands and feeders off the lease place we lost due to it being sold. It’s really a two man job, so I may wait until my son’s up to tackle that task.:anyone:

I guess I’d consider the 2019 deer season a success since I killed a nice buck, but only getting to be in the stand for 7 hunts all season really sucks.:grumble:

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Welp, I’m deerless for the first time in...I can’t remember. It’s been a weird year. I haven’t put a duck,goose,pheasant,quail or anything else for that matter,in the freezer. However, it’s been a great year. Crazy,I know. I’ve had some memorable times in the woods even though I didn’t harvest anything.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lack of motivation this evening.............second year in a row that I didn't kill a deer. Plenty of good hunts, picky I guess.
I’m finding the more I use game cameras the less motivation I have to get in the stand if I’m not seeing anything on camera. I guess this kind of makes sense, but I used to hunt no matter what...:anyone:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m finding the more I use game cameras the less motivation I have to get in the stand if I’m not seeing anything on camera. I guess this kind of makes sense, but I used to hunt no matter what...:anyone:

I think you are on the right track with your thoughts on game cams.
The cell cams make it worse.
We have taken the anticipation of a great hunt into a doldrums during the season because the Big boy didn’t show up that was seen prior to the season opener.

Latest posts

Top Bottom