2019 Deer Hunting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SnowCamo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You are hardcore sitting 5-1/2 hours early October
Then turning around and get into another stand. I can force myself to do that in November, but tough to do early season!
Hope It pays off!

I was thinking the same thing but with the stud he posted in the trail cam section I’d probably give it go.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Sat almost all day yesterday. Didn't see anything by 1130 so I checked cameras then got in another stand. Had 2 deer spook to the south of me at 620pm. Had a nice 2 year old 8 point come into 20 yards, feeding on persimmon leaves.

Yeah almost 7 hours on stand yesterday, would have never done that this early if it weren't for the temps. Probably never went more than 30 min without having deer around.

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I sat just over 9 hours yesterday. I try to get as much time in stand as I can, especially on fronts in October. Eventually a bruiser will get within range, I just have to be there. I'm sick of my buck drought and will end it this year.

I noticed a ton of activity late morning and very early afternoon over the summer along with the typical dawn / dusk sightings. If they're doing that in 100+ degree weather, there's no reason they wouldn't as it cools off.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I think pressure bothers them way more than temps. I'm amazed at some of the daylight buck pics I get from friends game cams at feeders during the heat of the summer. Have another place where I know I'm the only one that ever goes there, long atv ride in. They just hang out there in the shade during the summer.

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think pressure bothers them way more than temps. I'm amazed at some of the daylight buck pics I get from friends game cams at feeders during the heat of the summer. Have another place where I know I'm the only one that ever goes there, long atv ride in. They just hang out there in the shade during the summer.
That can definitely be a big factor. A lot of my stands this year are new so I'm having to figure out the right wind for the time of day at each.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was getting those mid day pictures too a month ago seems now mornings are slow and last light in evening is best for my place.
But seems about a week ago something started changing. Hard horns, testosterone etc, they are switching gears now. Found a rub today and a scrape a week ago.

Agree. Saw some recent rubs a week or so ago.

Latest posts

Top Bottom