2019 OK Legislature gun bills

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's not that Kansas or Oklahoma has the rule. It's whether the FBI NICS center will accept a state's CCW permit in lieu of their own background check. What I've heard about Oklahoma is that since the state offers a 10 year SDA card (I cannot bring myself to call it a "handgun license") the ATF and/or the FBI won't accept them for background checks.

I hold a 10-year SDA card & would be glad to roll back to a 5-year if that would give us the NICS exemption. We had the exemption until about 2000 and then we didn't. The 10-year SDA didn't come along until after that so something else changed at that time and I've never heard anyone speak with specificity as to what that was beyond a BATFE publication that simply stated OK was no longer on the accepted list.

MR.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I'm not wrong, that is no longer allowed even in KS.
I was at my cousins gun shop in Winfield just 2 weeks ago,
This rule/law that one can show the FFL dealer their concealed carry license & be able to bypass the phone call or computer to do the instant background check is still in full effect.
He said he likes it, it saves him a bunch of time.

Last edited:

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This rule/law that one can show the FFL dealer their concealed carry license & be able to bypass the phone call or computer to do the instant background check is still in full effect.

If that's your cousin's place at the north end of downtown, next to the old train depot that's now a restaurant, that's a mighty fine shop. I was in there a couple of years ago and told them it was better than a lot of places in Tulsa. KS had permitless-carry before OK and has a license accepted in lieu of the NICS check so I'd say OK has some work to do.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If that's your cousin's place at the north end of downtown, next to the old train depot that's now a restaurant, that's a mighty fine shop. I was in there a couple of years ago and told them it was better than a lot of places in Tulsa. KS had permitless-carry before OK and has a license accepted in lieu of the NICS check so I'd say OK has some work to do.
They just voted and passed the Universal background check bill on Capitol Hill.

MR.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No, that is not my cousins shop, that is Home on the Range & it is a nice big shop for just about whatever you might need.

My cousins place is Ricochet Arms about 8 or 9 miles east of town on 9th street (K15). He actually has (in my opinion) more accessories & parts in stock than the one in town & in a lot smaller building. I'd even say he has about the same number of firearms in stock, he just doesn't sell things that take up space like safes, reloading presses, freeze dried foods, knives and ammo boxes.

If you ever in that area again between the hours of noon to 6pm Thursday thru Saturday, & can take a short detour out of town, go check out his store.
Heck, check both of them out, they are both great stores.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Well, I stand corrected then.

Latest posts

Top Bottom