2019 trail cam pics

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is what I've told my dad and brother we need to do . . .
The initial build can be a bit pricey, but getting them out of there and having a reusable trap that can be rebuilt elsewhere pays for itself. I finally got ticked off enough with hogs to do it. Better late than never...

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The initial build can be a bit pricey, but getting them out of there and having a reusable trap that can be rebuilt elsewhere pays for itself. I finally got ticked off enough with hogs to do it. Better late than never...

Did you set it up for a while and leave one side open so they'd get used to it or did you just go for it and trap them from the get go?

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Did you set it up for a while and leave one side open so they'd get used to it or did you just go for it and trap them from the get go?
Set it for the capture immediately. It's a circle style trap, so no trigger and pigs are slaves to their stomachs. I put the cattle panels inside of the t-posts for strength and used chain link fencing wire to lash the panels to the posts. I should've left the top of the panels loose from the start so they'd give and throw the pigs off when they tried to climb. Lesson learned.

535dc5aed8d7066d14d189a37ef09cf0.jpg

The "gate." I tied the top of the slap panel, as I call it, to the top of the trap panel, so only the bottom kicks out and slams shut. This is after my buddy added barbed wire because cows are dumb.
621a8e6552e361f32ba87b5249bfd169.jpg

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Likely a matter of time so long as people are allowed to transport live pigs (I'm aware of the "restrictions").

We just don't have the cover for them to hide and keep reproducing.All farmland, hardly any trees or canyons, just a few creeks here and there. There were a few in SW Garfield/Western Major county about ten years ago, pretty sure they were released. Couple of years and about 30 hogs later they were all trapped and shot out. Even the places that look like they would hold hogs, don't.

Latest posts

Top Bottom