2019 trail cam pics

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kirk1978

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've got to get a couple of the cell camera's. They must have put up some new towers in my hunting area. Zero cell service in the past, now it's good enough to stream videos.
I'm 45 miles one way. Could pay for a camera and the service in one season.

Same here, about an hour and 15 minutes for me one way.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've got to get a couple of the cell camera's. They must have put up some new towers in my hunting area. Zero cell service in the past, now it's good enough to stream videos.
I'm 45 miles one way. Could pay for a camera and the service in one season.

They've definitely spoiled me . . . I bought 3 more for this season.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Something other than a hog at this spot . . . :)

bobcat.jpg

okieshooter777

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The cheapy spypoints are doing me well. One thing about them is they do back them up with warranty good, had a couple quit and they just replaced and paid shipping both ways. They are finicky on service, must get a good signal or may send some pictures at random times or may not send all the picts it took. but i am loving it.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The cheapy spypoints are doing me well. One thing about them is they do back them up with warranty good, had a couple quit and they just replaced and paid shipping both ways. They are finicky on service, must get a good signal or may send some pictures at random times or may not send all the picts it took. but i am loving it.

I have two Link Darks and 3 Link Micros . . . one of the darks had an issue with sending pics earlier this season, but I did a firmware upgrade that will hopefully fix the connectivity issue. I haven't put it back out yet to test it, but I plan to on Friday.

I still need to activate one of the micros . . . . but the other two are performing well.

okieshooter777

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, they either work or they dont. I built an external antennae for mine as my lease has terrible reception and I can only use it in about 2 locations.
32259cb5c494a2b9c287b2227e414cc7.jpg

Did you order the $80 antenna? or how did you do it? please tell me more! I bought one of the $80 antennas and it didnt do much to help. I also ordered a Chinese knock off and it did not help much at all. But my pole looks like yours LOL
MIH, is your lease east of thunderbird?

I have two Link Darks and 3 Link Micros . . . one of the darks had an issue with sending pics earlier this season, but I did a firmware upgrade that will hopefully fix the connectivity issue. I haven't put it back out yet to test it, but I plan to on Friday.

I still need to activate one of the micros . . . . but the other two are performing well.

What part of the state are you in? Do you have better service out of the dark? or is the micro as good?

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What part of the state are you in? Do you have better service out of the dark? or is the micro as good?

These cameras are in Hughes and Seminole County . . . south of Butner and between Seminole and New Lima.

I wanted to compare the two so I have a dark about 20 feet from a micro pointing in a different direction and get similar results/service.

I will probably only buy micros moving forward . . . just due to cost.

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I refused to pay $80 for an antennae on a $100 camera (got out on sale at academy and used a coupon). I built the antennae, using PVC to run the cable through for protection and to prevent me from having to climb a tree or be tied to needing a tree, for the camera. It didn't boost the signal much, but I do get slightly more consistent signal. Worth the $20, in my opinion.

Parts list and website used:
https://www.data-alliance.net/

f807f1766ecd3dc74cf15e41093d37e1.jpg

6e305ea06222cbd4449a10763e8229a6.jpg

8db3a55e189647ced2ad61748d739e50.jpg

Even works on a t-post
6a59e6a9ae5324ba4612e462671e7c7d.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom