2020 Corvette

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This thing is growing on me.

c8-front3q-2-1563515236.jpg

https://www.chevrolet.com/upcoming-vehicles/next-generation-corvette

We expect to see a retuned version of the existing 6.2-liter V8 engine that delivers around 500 horsepower. Reports also indicate there will be a flat-plane-crank 5.5-liter V8 with about 600 hp and a twin-turbo model with around 800 hp. Even wilder are reports of a 1,000-hp hybrid model with a twin-turbo V8. The latter powertrain seems to be the appropriate spot for the “Zora” trademark Chevy has sat on. Whether or not these various powertrains will all arrive in 2020 remains unknown.

Pricing & Release Date
The 2020 Chevy Corvette will debut on July 18, 2019, 50 years after the Apollo astronauts entered the moon’s gravity. We should learn more about rough pricing around that time. We do, however, expect an increase relative to the current Corvette, which ranges from $58,990 to $130,590 (destination fees included).

skyhawk1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yea I keep thinking about one myself but da%m the sticker shock! My brother and I went in halves on a '67 in 1971 and I've been hooked since. Also had a '69 for a while but never a new one. I always wondered why you would see a new vette going down the road and an old white haired geezer behind the wheel! Now I know!!

skyhawk1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ha, way back when I was in construction I did some repair work on a warehouse on reno. The guy that had it leased had part of it portioned off to store his car collection in and one of them was a 4 door vette. The guy owned United Engines, can't remember his name. He gave me over a case of 16 ga. shotgun shells because he no longer used 16 ga.

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I understand stand the “hooked” part.

I learned to drive in my dad’s 1965 396 4 speed Corvette. He sold it a few years later. I searched out a new left over 1981 4-Speed in early 1982 because I didn’t want the cross-fire injected 1982. I literally drove it off the showroom floor.

It was a bit of a problem child. Broken cluster gear while in warranty. Cracked envision tubes, trans issue again, camshaft went flat, later a spun rod bearing (maybe self-inflicted but camshaft debris may have contributed).

The last transmissible issue was fixed with a Doug Nash 5-Speed. After the rod bearing, I swapped in a 400” SBC that I had built for my 69 Camaro. I believe it was an honest 400hp. The car was finally awesome at this point about 1984. Not by today’s standards, but great fun then. I kept it for about 10 years.

I’ve always wanted another but never have been able to justify it. An LS equipped 63-67. Or a Karl’s Kustom C6 to C2 body conversion. Now maybe a mid engine C8 can be on that list.

Latest posts

Top Bottom