2020 Corvette

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I understand stand the “hooked” part.

I learned to drive in my dad’s 1965 396 4 speed Corvette. He sold it a few years later. I searched out a new left over 1981 4-Speed in early 1982 because I didn’t want the cross-fire injected 1982. I literally drove it off the showroom floor.

It was a bit of a problem child. Broken cluster gear while in warranty. Cracked envision tubes, trans issue again, camshaft went flat, later a spun rod bearing (maybe self-inflicted but camshaft debris may have contributed).

The last transmissible issue was fixed with a Doug Nash 5-Speed. After the rod bearing, I swapped in a 400” SBC that I had built for my 69 Camaro. I believe it was an honest 400hp. The car was finally awesome at this point about 1984. Not by today’s standards, but great fun then. I kept it for about 10 years.

I’ve always wanted another but never have been able to justify it. An LS equipped 63-67. Or a Karl’s Kustom C6 to C2 body conversion. Now maybe a mid engine C8 can be on that list.
The fastest street car I ever rode in was a tossup between an all original '67 L-88 Vette and a '67 T5 Mustang that wasn't original but was built to the hilt. The Vette was restored so who knows if it was really built to original specs, but it was purported to be. I lost a 6 pack on a bet.

The bet was 55MPH + 4th gear + floor it = sideways.

He said it had 4:88 gears in it and I guess it did. It did go sideways. LOL. I was an 17 year old kid who got to ride in it for a 6 pack. That thing was insane!

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was bugging a coworker to drive his 2010 ZR1 corvette. That was before I rode in it. He lives in Houston and he took me for a ride early before work one morning. When we hit the top of the on ramp, I looked over and we were climbing fast and was above above 120 before he started slowing down. He could easily break the tires loose at any speed. It was flat scary and would have outran a Ninja 1000 I had in the past. This was by far the fastest vehicle I have ever rode in. He dynoed it later and the hp was 742 at the rear wheels. I never asked him to drive it again.

mouthpiece

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
But it's a bad investment. LOL!!!

Never really wanted a vette after riding in a new one years back but this would ALMOST change my mind.
I bet they sell a bunch of these

I still want a Shelby AC Cobra and would rather have that.

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Even if I could afford it I doubt that I could fit into one with me being six axe handles high and four wide.
I’m tight but drivable in a Miata so I’m good to go.
Don’t forget the leg room you get from a mid engine. No firewall. . If you can ever fit into a vette, it’s probably this one.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I’m tight but drivable in a Miata so I’m good to go.
Don’t forget the leg room you get from a mid engine. No firewall. . If you can ever fit into a vette, it’s probably this one.
That's true but I believe the driver's seat wouldn't be able to handle my girth.

Plus I would probably need to place a counterweight on the passenger side so it wouldn't tilt like the Flintstones mobile with the dinosaur ribs hanging on the side.
98431297721c9afb39cabbc4965560d1.jpg

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was bugging a coworker to drive his 2010 ZR1 corvette. That was before I rode in it. He lives in Houston and he took me for a ride early before work one morning. When we hit the top of the on ramp, I looked over and we were climbing fast and was above above 120 before he started slowing down. He could easily break the tires loose at any speed. It was flat scary and would have outran a Ninja 1000 I had in the past. This was by far the fastest vehicle I have ever rode in. He dynoed it later and the hp was 742 at the rear wheels. I never asked him to drive it again.

Here's my buddies ZR1 at the track. This is American muscle blowing the doors off a 600 horsepower Nissan GT-R.

And here's the walk around with the car ideling. Watch the video as he gets to the back of the car near the exhaust. That is how a muscle car is supposed to sound!

Latest posts

Top Bottom