2020 Game Cam Pictures

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I really need to burn my place in the spring. I’m getting over run with tamaracks, cedars, and locusts. The state or NRCS used to have a cost share program for getting rid of cedars, but I haven’t found anything online that indicates they still do.
Contact the NRCS office that serves your area directly.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
IMG_5291.jpg

IMG_5290.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I really need to burn my place in the spring. I’m getting over run with tamaracks, cedars, and locusts. The state or NRCS used to have a cost share program for getting rid of cedars, but I haven’t found anything online that indicates they still do.

Plan a day in February before things get busy and I can help. Not sure that NRCS does any burning, and burning doesn't do anything much for the cedars unless you've got 5' grass, 100* temps, low humidity and light winds. Otherwise fire just runs right past a mature cedar. Will get the two footers though.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I’d like to help out if needed. I’ve never been on a controlled burn and would appreciate the knowledge.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Plan a day in February before things get busy and I can help. Not sure that NRCS does any burning, and burning doesn't do anything much for the cedars unless you've got 5' grass, 100* temps, low humidity and light winds. Otherwise fire just runs right past a mature cedar. Will get the two footers though.
I would help as well. I have a little experience. :hey3:

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
:laugh6:
That’s funny, because I’ve literally got 6-8’ Johnson grass all over the 150 acres between the river and dry river channel. It’s a foot or more taller than the roof of my Ranger.

I appreciate the offer and will keep y’all in mind when we get closer to that time of the year. May even be able to get the Grays involved, since they’re experienced pyromaniacs.

Latest posts

Top Bottom