2020 Python for sale

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm interested in one but I want to see one first, and I'm not paying more than MSRP. dkfirearms.com had them priced at $1499 but show sold out already, so not sure if they are going to get $2000 plus. I can wait a while too, and see if prices come down. I suspect they'll get below $1499 but as you say, might be a year or three.

okietom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have word from a good source that the lockwork on the new Pythons will not jump time. Colt has one they have fired 50,000 times with no problems. The triggers are as good as the old Pythons and the guns are more durable. They come in a 4.25 inch and a 6 inch length now. The guy I heard this from has an old and a new one.

Colt redesigned the action to make it more durable. They may make some Royal Blue ones but those cost a lot more to make.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm gonna put on my flame suit before I make this comment...

zip, zip, zip

I always respected the Colt Python, but ... I shot wheel gun when I went through cleet way back when. ...

Sorry GED, but I gotta call BS on the bold part above. I have it on good authority that GED used this handgun when he was first qualified and started walkin' a beat. Word is, he had to buy his own firearm, as was the custom back in the 1800's, but quickly sold it and thus it began: a life-long, century spanning obsession with purchasing and almost immediately selling. Never satisfied; he was among that small category of early coppers always searching for "the perfect handgun".

untitled.png

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, I gotta say, the ol' flintlock was a helluva pistol. Kinda slow and cumbersome to reload, and not very accurate, but if'n you had a patrol along the local crick or stream, flints were always available. Plus, they made damn good head knockers for them ornery fellers. :smack:

Latest posts

Top Bottom