2020 Summer Run and Gun in Pawnee OK

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I really want to do the winter one, but just haven't sacked up and gone for it. My youngest son wants to run it with me. Ted Kennedy on here keeps giving me nudges to sign up. Soon.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I really want to do the winter one, but just haven't sacked up and gone for it. My youngest son wants to run it with me. Ted Kennedy on here keeps giving me nudges to sign up. Soon.

Do it. Great environment. Definitely seeing more families these days. Husbands and wives, fathers and sons/daughters etc...

Don’t wait. Time with that boy is fleeting.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Got course 95% ready to go. One of the landowners told me ticks, copperheads and rattlesnakes are plentiful this year. I only ran into ticks, so the snakes are still there for you. Two tickets left....

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, that 500 gets a majority of folks. It got me this year. Had a double feed after my first shot at the 200 yard target and it went downhill from there. First rifle malfunction I've experienced in more than a dozen RnGs. Cleared everything else pretty quick though. Every event is just part of a continuous improvement process for me...I never really worry about finishing "in the money".

Pecos is coming up in September and they are rumored to still have some spots open.

Pawnee Winter RnG in January!!!

gmar

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, that 500 gets a majority of folks. It got me this year. Had a double feed after my first shot at the 200 yard target and it went downhill from there. First rifle malfunction I've experienced in more than a dozen RnGs. Cleared everything else pretty quick though. Every event is just part of a continuous improvement process for me...I never really worry about finishing "in the money".

Pecos is coming up in September and they are rumored to still have some spots open.

Pawnee Winter RnG in January!!!

And Cody’s night run is in October in Pawnee!

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Scores finally came out in case y'all didn't see it on the website.

Kudos to you guys that ran it on Saturday. I think that was the hottest summer event on record. We started Friday with 70 degrees, driving rain, thunder and lightning. Jimmy Nutt has one of his videos up on youtube and you can see the flashes of lightning when he's shooting Stage 1. My wife and I didn't start until almost 1pm and it was finally warming up. Think the heat index was around 100 when we finished...but nothing like Saturday.

Saturday I got stuck up on the hill, luckily we had a bigger group of ROs so we could split up the running up and down the hill. Long day and that Stage always gets backed up so we rarely get time to chill.

osupoke

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Scores finally came out in case y'all didn't see it on the website.

Kudos to you guys that ran it on Saturday. I think that was the hottest summer event on record. We started Friday with 70 degrees, driving rain, thunder and lightning. Jimmy Nutt has one of his videos up on youtube and you can see the flashes of lightning when he's shooting Stage 1. My wife and I didn't start until almost 1pm and it was finally warming up. Think the heat index was around 100 when we finished...but nothing like Saturday.

Yeah, it was hot! I didn't run nearly as much of it as I had planned; probably only ran about half of the 10k. I was kind of kicking myself for giving in and letting myself walk so much, then I checked my phone at the finish line and the heat index was 111. I didn't feel quite as bad about the walking.

I was definitely more physically beat after this one than any previous event!

Latest posts

Top Bottom