2020 waterfowl

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Few short of a 3 man limit this morning but fun all the same. Not many birds around and the old man got a bunch of retrieves in lol.

20201221_074829.jpg
20201221_120955.jpg

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Reaction score
Snow on the way.....traditionally that is a forecast for a limit of green heads. I will be in the marsh tomorrow I hope the ducks do the same thing. Last snow equated to a long soggy hunt for minimal birds.

I hope you've got them because I sure don't. Haven't seen 75 ducks since Monday afternoon while scouting. That's three counties and between 60 and 130 miles a day. First two groups redheads seen a while ago on the big pond......they're a couple months late lol.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My son is up hunting this week and said there’s about 3000 mallards on the ground at the feedlot beside my house, but there’s none on the slough on my place or on the river. The feedlot provides a “buffet” they don’t have to work for.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Reaction score
My son is up hunting this week and said there’s about 3000 mallards on the ground at the feedlot beside my house, but there’s none on the slough on my place or on the river. The feedlot provides a “buffet” they don’t have to work for.

Yes I looked up there east of you too and saw a few teal on the river of all things lol. No ducks in the marsh and wetlands. I'll pass on the those turd Mallards and pintails yuck. Their feathers will be stained and will smell like cattle scours.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Used to have a place out by Leedey. The widgeon would fly in to pick the corn out of of the manure. Kinda nasty to think of but it was fence hunting at its best. Almost like dove hunting.

Latest posts

Top Bottom