2021 Deer Chatter/Pics/Excuses

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve got a serious ethical/courtesy question. I’ve stuck to a one “trophy” buck per year rule as long as I’ve been hunting in OK. I almost broke the rule last year but didn’t quite pull it off. As of right now, I only have one trophy buck on camera that I know of, but I’ll be checking non cell cams tomorrow and know more about the current situation.
Since I’ve already killed a “trophy“ buck, would I be a horrible person to kill the other one that I know the neighbors are hunting? :anyone:

I will say that my neighbors don’t subscribe to the one buck per year rule, and I’m pretty sure what they would do given the same situation. I just don’t want to be viewed as greedy.

TAKE HIM!!!

diggler1833

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’ve got a serious ethical/courtesy question. I’ve stuck to a one “trophy” buck per year rule as long as I’ve been hunting in OK. I almost broke the rule last year but didn’t quite pull it off. As of right now, I only have one trophy buck on camera that I know of, but I’ll be checking non cell cams tomorrow and know more about the current situation.
Since I’ve already killed a “trophy“ buck, would I be a horrible person to kill the other one that I know the neighbors are hunting? :anyone:

I will say that my neighbors don’t subscribe to the one buck per year rule, and I’m pretty sure what they would do given the same situation. I just don’t want to be viewed as greedy.

Sorry I didn't see this before man. I say do what makes you happy.

Ive got high dollar neighbors myself that just hunt the land next to me. I'd love to hold out for a trophy, but the nice 9-point that keeps frequenting my property goes through theirs too and may or not make it. In fact, I have no idea how many people hunt that place...hell, every decent buck might be gone by the time the season is over.

If I had 2,700 acres and the bucks never left my property lines then I'd hold out for breeding genetics, but I don't, so I won't.

Plus I have this thing about trying to dictate what others do, especially on their property.

Good luck.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This morning was cold here (27 on one camera by the river), but deer movement wasn’t great. I saw 9 does and a one sided buck where I sat, but one of my cameras had nothing come in.
This evening, I put my son in the stand that’s most likely to have a good buck come in, and I’m doing something I haven’t done in probably 20 years. I’m sitting in a stand that doesn’t have a camera and hasn’t been hunted since 2017 if I remember right. My son filled the feeder a couple weeks ago, and the deer trails into it could pass for cow trails. I’m kind of excited to see what might show up tonight.:anyone:

Latest posts

Top Bottom