2021 Deer Chatter/Pics/Excuses

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JT708

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
7 point, 150lbs dressed off public land outside of Hominy. 223 55gr V-Max. Hit him good about 40 yards away but he slowly trotted off acting like I missed & he wasn't that scared of the shot then stood there for 15 seconds before falling over

He's no monster but I'm proud of him all the same especially since other guys came in and sat less than 150 yards from me
Congrats

kwaynem

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My daughter got her buck tonight. It was at last light and she thought it was a bigger 8 pt we had been seeing, but she is still plenty pleased with him.

She was using my DPMS G2 308 loaded with 165 gr Hornady SST’s. What I love about those bullets is that they are devastating on the internals. What I hate about them is that you seldom get a pass through and with no exit wound, it makes tracking difficult.

View attachment 236113
Very nice pass on the congrats to you both

kirk1978

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My daughter got her buck tonight. It was at last light and she thought it was a bigger 8 pt we had been seeing, but she is still plenty pleased with him.

She was using my DPMS G2 308 loaded with 165 gr Hornady SST’s. What I love about those bullets is that they are devastating on the internals. What I hate about them is that you seldom get a pass through and with no exit wound, it makes tracking difficult.

View attachment 236113
Congrats, good buck!

Hodrod

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

View attachment 236113
Very nice buck....no wonder she looks so pleased....!!!! CONGRATS to the young lady...!!!

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Slow tonight. Cams were slow too all day. Just 3 doe and a little buck this evening.
Same here. Real slow. I saw 5 doe, a fawn and an armadillo. But I stepped outside the cabin around 8:30 this evening and to my surprise, there were 4 doe bedded in the yard 40 yards from the porch. Go figure!

Latest posts

Top Bottom