2021 Deer Chatter/Pics/Excuses

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What .300blk ammo was she using?

Just curious. :drunk2:
___
They were reloads using Sierra GameKing, 125 gr. I don’t have my data with me but I know it was toward the top end of the load range to get the maximum velocity I could.

Bigger and heavier isn’t always better. She had dropped a buck and doe the year before with Hornady 110 gr v-max. I think the key to that round is velocity.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They were reloads using Sierra GameKing, 125 gr. I don’t have my data with me but I know it was toward the top end of the load range to get the maximum velocity I could.

Bigger and heavier isn’t always better. She had dropped a buck and doe the year before with Hornady 110 gr v-max. I think the key to that round is velocity.
Cool, thanks.
:drunk2:
___

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Went to the SaltFork place this morning. Zero wind and zero deer. A front came through about 9 am switching the wind to a bad direction for me but the tree line is long and one can step out anywhere.
Finally decided to get down but spotted a coyote coming out of the woods. Probably why no deer came out. Watched it for a bit work it’s way across the pasture and finally shot it. .243WSSM put it down without a quiver.
Got down, took a pic and dragged it across the pasture to the fence.
Walked out the gate and took one last look down the pasture. 5 does and two bucks were crossing 1/4 mile away, but the wind direction was bad, so just got in the truck and got some lunch. Nothing this evening in another location.

C9B28A42-4CA7-4F1D-95D0-F3FA28A9B3C3.jpeg

138754C5-F044-4947-8215-50C7DF0874F2.jpeg

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Been out of pocket for several days now, sitting here wishing I let my daughter shoot the old one sided buck we saw middle of first week. We passed on him day before Thanksgiving, saw a NICE buck Thanksgiving day and he gave us the slip at 300 yards. Several sits with 1-2 does barely showing up after that day leads us up to Sunday, when the symptoms set in...daughter and I both finally tested on Wednesday, think we almost burned the ends off the swabs, nothing like first Covid hit right in the middle of deer season!
She's done pretty well, its absolutely HAMMERED me though. Went and got an antibody infusion yesterday, hoping it kicks in soon...guess we'll be meat hunting with their leftover tags during Christmas break!

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Been out of pocket for several days now, sitting here wishing I let my daughter shoot the old one sided buck we saw middle of first week. We passed on him day before Thanksgiving, saw a NICE buck Thanksgiving day and he gave us the slip at 300 yards. Several sits with 1-2 does barely showing up after that day leads us up to Sunday, when the symptoms set in...daughter and I both finally tested on Wednesday, think we almost burned the ends off the swabs, nothing like first Covid hit right in the middle of deer season!
She's done pretty well, its absolutely HAMMERED me though. Went and got an antibody infusion yesterday, hoping it kicks in soon...guess we'll be meat hunting with their leftover tags during Christmas break!
Prayers & best wishes that you both get well soon!
:thumb:
___

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Hate to hear that Clint. Kick it’s butt and get well!

Latest posts

Top Bottom