2021 Deer Chatter/Pics/Excuses

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My daughter had a buck tag remaining from youth season and with it being warm (cold weather gear sucks for kids) yesterday, we decided to try our luck. A nice 8 point has become a regular and we setup for him. 440 a doe pops out and my daughter gets the shakes. I calm her down and tell her to keep watching. I look behind us and here comes a small 6 point 200 yards away. He ducked into the woods and we repositioned quickly as i was certain which trail he would take. A few minutes later, he stopped at 30 yards. I coached her on where to ask for quartering to and she fired. A 30-06 vs 10 year old lol. He dropped right there. Couldn't be more proud of her.
20211204_165853.jpg

With her tagged out, figuratively speaking, i gave in to finally take the twins on their first deer hunt. They're 6 and it went as you would imagine. Constant shushing and reminders to stay still. A Christmas miracle occurred and Ray Charles reincarnated showed up 4 fold in the form of fawns. We watched them until dark and loudly exited the area.
20211205_163104.jpg

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
My daughter had a buck tag remaining from youth season and with it being warm (cold weather gear sucks for kids) yesterday, we decided to try our luck. A nice 8 point has become a regular and we setup for him. 440 a doe pops out and my daughter gets the shakes. I calm her down and tell her to keep watching. I look behind us and here comes a small 6 point 200 yards away. He ducked into the woods and we repositioned quickly as i was certain which trail he would take. A few minutes later, he stopped at 30 yards. I coached her on where to ask for quartering to and she fired. A 30-06 vs 10 year old lol. He dropped right there. Couldn't be more proud of her.
View attachment 238587

With her tagged out, figuratively speaking, i gave in to finally take the twins on their first deer hunt. They're 6 and it went as you would imagine. Constant shushing and reminders to stay still. A Christmas miracle occurred and Ray Charles reincarnated showed up 4 fold in the form of fawns. We watched them until dark and loudly exited the area.
View attachment 238589
Awesome tell her congrats!

JT708

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was blessed this season to be able to hunt with a rifle I have wanted for many years, a Savage 99 in 300 Savage. It was great to be able to put a classic rifle back in the field where she belongs. The deer were running amok on our lease. As usual, I couldn’t stay off the trigger and killed a decent buck opening morning. This was our best season in many years, everyone was successful hunting and I was able to enjoy time with my dad, brother, nephew and sister in law. Hope everyone else enjoyed a safe season as well.
That 99 in 300 savage is definitely a classic and beauty. Oh nice buck too.

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Y’all realize there’s still more than a month of season left, right?!?

Y’all are talking like it‘s January 15th already.:lmfao:
Yep, but life tends to get in my way between the holidays, my kids school schedule, my wife’s travel schedule and dealing with my mom’s estate in January, I’d be surprised if I can squeeze in 3-4 more days to hunt.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’ve watched this buck grow since May, and he appears to be young and didn’t grow out like I thought he might. I’m really hoping he survives to see what he might grow to next year. Evidently, he’s a fighter and must’ve got his butt kicked a few times, since he’s broke off both G2’s and has a scraped up back. As many times as I’ve had him on camera, I’ve never seen him in person, but my son did only once.
433C906B-457D-43E3-972F-FC5FB7AEE936.jpeg

FBE00220-CCD9-4D41-9CE9-8EDF2CB2581D.jpeg

kwaynem

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’ve watched this buck grow since May, and he appears to be young and didn’t grow out like I thought he might. I’m really hoping he survives to see what he might grow to next year. Evidently, he’s a fighter and must’ve got his butt kicked a few times, since he’s broke off both G2’s and has scraped up back. As many times as I’ve had him on camera, I’ve never seen him in person, but my son did only once.
View attachment 239336
View attachment 239337
Texas or Oklahoma? He looks like has had a rough rut for sure

Latest posts

Top Bottom