2021 Deer Chatter/Pics/Excuses

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was able to squeeze in a 3 day hunt last week and came back yesterday evening to try again. Tonight will be my last sit of this season. If I don’t get him this evening, I hope he makes it until next fall. He should be quite the trophy to look forward to in 2022.
CA26E663-61DF-4F5A-AF14-57F79712DD65.jpeg

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was able to squeeze in a 3 day hunt last week and came back yesterday evening to try again. Tonight will be my last sit of this season. If I don’t get him this evening, I hope he makes it until next fall. He should be quite the trophy to look forward to in 2022.
View attachment 243161
Well, he didn’t show up at my stand last night. As I was driving out, he was actually at a feeder not 200 yards in front of my cabin and 75 yards east of my 200 yd shooting range. Go figure. Wouldn’t have mattered anyway because it was 7:00pm when I turned that corner and my lights hit him at that feeder. since December 8th, he is always at a feeder 45 minutes after last shooting light, with exception of Christmas Eve when he was actually there within 10 minutes of last light.

Oh well. Maybe next fall!

Last edited:

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Well, he didn’t show up at my stand last night. As I was driving out, he was actually at a feeder not 200 yards in front of my cabin and 75 yards east of my 200 yd shooting range. Go figure. Wouldn’t have mattered anyway because it was 7:00pm when I turned that corner and my lights hit him at that feeder. since December 8th, he is always at a feeder 45 minutes after last shooting light, with except of Christmas Even when he was actually there within 10 minutes of last light.

Oh well. Maybe next fall!
Too many feeders!!!!! :) :) Quit giving him so many options lol. Hope he makes it until next year for you.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, let's just all say our prayers that he survives until next year!
Since he’s made it this far, let’s hope he can make it another 4 more days.:anyone:

I would keep cameras up and feeders running to figure out when he drops his horns. It would be super cool to find his sheds.:thumb:

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Since he’s made it this far, let’s hope he can make it another 4 more days.:anyone:

I would keep cameras up and feeders running to figure out when he drops his horns. It would be super cool to find his sheds.:thumb:
Agree. I looked for them last year but in an area that is 75-80% covered in old growth oaks, finding sheds is difficult to say the least. I keep hoping he will hang them on the varmint cage or something.

Latest posts

Top Bottom