2021 Deer Chatter/Pics/Excuses

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
@tynyphil, any more details and/or pics? Btw, congrats!
A9B19446-F5C0-4D74-8D80-A068228F11C8.jpeg

Here’s a pic of the shot placement. Thru and thru

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It was only about 25yd shot. I let out a little whistle and she stopped for a second for me to take a good broadside shot. It may have hit the heart or other critical spot as she dropped in her tracks. I found the arrow this morning. Oddly enough she was standing right in front of one of my trailcams and I have a cool video of the whole thing.
A bigger congrats on the video. :thumb:
You may or may not realize how rare it is getting kill shots caught on a game cameras, but it’s rare. In 20+ years of using cameras, I’ve only got 3.

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well are you going to post the video or just keep teasing us! :cool:
You may or may not realize how rare it is getting kill shots caught on a game cameras, but it’s rare. In 20+ years of using cameras, I’ve only got 3.
Just got home where I can crop the video so I don’t have to post a doe writhing for an extended period. Video before long.

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You may or may not realize how rare it is getting kill shots caught on a game cameras, but it’s rare. In 20+ years of using cameras, I’ve only g
Looks like it nicked the spine. Her back legs moved very little after the shot.

Congrats on a clean kill. :drunk2:
___
You may be right. I thought it might have been a little high for heart. Since I didn’t gut her I didn’t confirm

kirk1978

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My 18 year old daughter got it done this afternoon. This was a unique deer but it was special because of my daughter’s situation.

You see, when we had the COVID lock down in early 2020, the situation took its toll on her. As a result of being homebound, losing her softball season, not being able to see her friends and the stress of all the fearmongoring regarding COVID, she developed an eating disorder. Anorexia specifically. We caught it early and got her into several treatment programs. She was improving until she herself got COVID in early 2021. As a result, she went downhill fast, to the point we had to hospitalize her for her eating disorder in August, in Texas. Though she was improving, her hospital stay was long. She was missing a lot of her senior year and even spent her 18th birthday in the hospital. Of all things, she was distraught that she was going to miss rifle season. I told her that you never know, but if she makes great progress, she might be able to make it.

Well, she was released from the hospital yesterday. Came home last night, took cap and gown pictures at school this morning and we hauled ass to our place in Bristow this afternoon. She got in her stand at 3:30 and popped this guy at 75 yards at 4:30. She made a great shot with her 308 and watched him run across the food plot head on into a tree, breaking two points off his left side.

It has been an emotional rollercoaster for our whole family but hunting this afternoon and her success made her feel a little closer to normal.

View attachment 237810View attachment 237811View attachment 237813
Just awesome and I pray for her continued healing.

kirk1978

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
69 years old and got my first whitetail today. With a crossbow no less!! Was going to sit in the tree stand this evening with the crossbow and with the 308 in the morning. Guess I get to sleep on now
Congrats!! But we will need a photo to verify you are telling us the truth.

(Never mind I see the photo and video!!)

Latest posts

Top Bottom