2021 NCAA Survival Pool Week 1

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmtgsx

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I may regret resuscitating this, between covid and hurricane cancellations and reschedules but we'll give it a try.

1) Pick one college FBS team per week.
2) The team you pick MUST BE UNDEFEATED AND PLAYING THIS WEEK.
3) Once you pick a team you MAY NOT PICK THEM AGAIN.
4) If your pick loses you're out. You only advance to the next week if your pick wins.
5) If you fail to pick in a given week, you're out.
6) Last player standing wins.
7) Picks must be posted in that week's thread.
8) If all the undefeated teams lose in a given week or no survivors can advance to the next week, the tie breaker is the player who posted earliest in that week's thread.
9) Each succeeding week, post your pick for that week, as well as those of your previous picks.
Example:
Week 1: Penn State
Week 2: Clemson
Week 3: South Carolina
Week 4: Indiana
10) If you change a pick, don’t edit the original post, just make a new post. I use the last post you make for your pick. This will also affect tie breaker (Rule 8)
11) Be very clear with your pick. Follow the name format of ESPN Conference Standings
(i.e. OSU could be Ohio St., Oklahoma State, or Oregon State)
12) Schedule weeks are per ESPN. Week 1 runs from Saturday, Aug. 28th to Monday, Sept. 6th. Any of these games are eligible to be picked for week 1. Caution: There are going to be 5 games played a week early on Saturday, August 28th. There are 10 teams that will play twice during week 1. If you want to pick their 2nd game, please note that in your posts. As moderator of the pool I will settle all disputes.
13) Keeping up with your picks is part of the game. If someone picks a team that has a loss or is not playing that week, don't feel it is your civic duty to point out the error of their ways.
14) Pick must be in thread before kickoff of your game.

Make your week 1 picks in this thread.

Last edited:

jmtgsx

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bumping this up. There are going to be 5 games played THIS Saturday, August 28th. If you've never tried it, its not as complicated as the rules make it seem. Give it a try!

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Week 1 goes through September 6, right? So if you pick a game that is played this Saturday, the 28th, and your team wins, then you don't have to make a pick for next Saturday (the 4th). Is that correct?

Or to put it another way, the next time you would have to make a pick would be the week of the 11th?

Latest posts

Top Bottom