2021 Successful/Unsuccessful Draw Results

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wannabe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have a friend who drew the either sex elk walk in at Wichita Mtns, interested to see how that works out.
My son and I both drew the walk-in either sex tag last year. It was our first time to ever apply but the algorithm was changed per the ODWC staff to get less than five year applicants a chance. Plus the walk-in is a very challenging hunt. We logged 12 miles in two days. It is also 2 half days and three full days of hunting if you need it. We had the first bull down in 3 hours and the second bull down the next morning so we were finished at 9:00 am Tuesday morning. If your friend would like any information regarding elk locations or anything else pertaining to the refuge, I would be glad to help.

Attachments

• my 7x6 elk.png
    my 7x6 elk.png
    888.9 KB · Views: 54
  • trey with his 7Mag medallion browning.jpg
    trey with his 7Mag medallion browning.jpg
    226.9 KB · Views: 49

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
My son and I both drew the walk-in either sex tag last year. It was our first time to ever apply but the algorithm was changed per the ODWC staff to get less than five year applicants a chance. Plus the walk-in is a very challenging hunt. We logged 12 miles in two days. It is also 2 half days and three full days of hunting if you need it. We had the first bull down in 3 hours and the second bull down the next morning so we were finished at 9:00 am Tuesday morning. If your friend would like any information regarding elk locations or anything else pertaining to the refuge, I would be glad to help.
Congrats and thanks!!

Toothpick

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We may have to change your username from Wannabe to Hasbeen.

Latest posts

Top Bottom