2021 Waterfowl

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was invited to kill some geese off a wheat field with some relatively new friends. The geese had been landing in the field for 4 or 5 days so we beat the geese out there early one morning this week. Shoveled some wheat on the pit blind lid and put out about 140 decoys. We had pretty good luck. It was a fun morning. The rich feller (can't call him poor because he charges an arm and a leg) next field over must have had 15 if not more hunters set up in several A frame style blinds. They didn't have much luck. Heard em sky blast at one flock of mile high geese.

Another waterfowl hunt invite from a friend made because of my deer tracking dog.
20211215_161005.jpg

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not exactly what you'd call a good morning of hunting but you can't win them all.

The sky was crystal clear this morning, there was a bright full moon and not even a slight breeze when we were heading to the blind well before daylight.......we watched the dark silhouettes of aprox. 25 - 30 ducks and 6 - 8 geese fly off the roughly 2 1/2 acre pond as we approached the blind.

From daybreak till around 9:30 we had absolutely zero ducks come in and then finally two GWT dropped in from out of nowhere.......I missed mine and my buddy got his.

We tucked our tails, pulled the decoys and headed home about 11:00.

Latest posts

Top Bottom