2021 Waterfowl

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
8 gwt, 1 pin drake and a Canada goose. Good to be back out, sucks to not have my other dog but his replacement did well.

20211113_064818.jpg
20211113_091123.jpg

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There were about 50 or 60 ducks already on the water late this afternoon when we arrived to build another blind........from what I could tell the ducks looked pretty much like all Pintails, Gadwalls and Widgeons.

We already had a blind built for a south wind but we wanted to build another blind that will be better when hunting with a north wind which it's supposed to be in the morning till it switches back around from the south sometime later in the morning.

We went ahead and put out a few decoys before we left for the tomorrow morning hunt.

DB1.jpg
DB2.jpg
DB3.jpg

Last edited:

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
After not sitting in a duck blind for 20+ years I had a really good time this morning.......the hunt was pretty much over by 10:30 so we pulled the decoys and left.

Our combined total was 3 GWT, 2 Gadwalls, 1 Widgeon and 1 Mallard drake.

In the below pic I'm the real purty fella holding a cup of coffee with a Browning Humpback in his lap.

DH1.jpg

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
After not sitting in a duck blind for 20+ years I had a really good time this morning.......the hunt was pretty much over by 10:30 so we pulled the decoys and left.

Our combined total was 3 GWT, 2 Gadwalls, 1 Widgeon and 1 Mallard drake.

In the below pic I'm the real purty fella holding a cup of coffee with a Browning Humpback in his lap.

View attachment 234346
Love it Hangfire! Give them duck hell!

rjbrooks7

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was quail hunting in Roger mills county this weekend. Thought I’d pop me some green heads yesterday morning. What had been an lounge spot for the past 2 decades is now a roost spot. I hadn’t scouted it this year. Went off what I’ve always observed in the past. My mistake. Walking in a 6am, I quickly realized my mistake. I kicked them all off the roost. At least 700 mallards! Most I’ve ever seen at once. Moral of the story-do your homework. Scout. Birds change. Habitat changes. Just because it’s been one way for 15 years doesn’t mean it won’t change.

I did move some coveys Saturday. One was a big covey. Old school numbers. 30+ birds. Are the quail back and good? No. But it’s looking better than it has.

Latest posts

Top Bottom