2021 Waterfowl

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Academy lost my business afteer they pulled a stupid stunt on a gun sale they denied based on my address not my background check even though NICs said proceed
While I respect your resolve to boycott the company, you may not have many other options considering the current state of ammo availability. From what I hear online, Academy is having ammo in stock when many other retailers don’t. :anyone:

You might try buying online from SG Ammo and/or Target Sports USA.

Master Carper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Where can I find shotgun shells for sale?
I have just over 150 rounds of #1 and BBB steel that I will give someone for a duck breast or two goose breasts. I also have some T steel loads that I will give someone for a couple of goose breasts shot with my loads. Send me a pm if interested.

All shells are 12 ga. 2 3/4"

Last edited:

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I went to Academy in Norman this morning and they had a ton of Monarch (the box says made in Italy which is probably Ficcohi) 12 ga. 3" #4 steel on the shelf and quite a few boxes of the same by Remington........they may have also had 3 1/2" steel shells but I wasn't paying that much attention.

They also had quite a bit of lead shells on hand.

Last edited:

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not a lot of birds around this morning like there was earlier in the season but we still managed to get five.......1 Mallard drake, 1 Gadwall drake, 1 Gadwall hen and 2 GWT.

My Browning Humpback and the ducks.

View attachment 239105

I'm the old phart on the far right.

View attachment 239107
nice shotgun! hoping to hit some of my old spots next year almost ready.

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Carrying a folding stool, blind bag, shotgun and ducks it seems like I've always dropped ducks a time or two while holding them in my hand hiking back to the truck.

Problem solved !..........a lot of positive reviews so I just ordered a couple of these------->https://www.amazon.com/mydays-Deluxe-Carrier-Waterfowl-Floating/dp/B088R9M9R5

The two duck carriers (I'm going to give one to my buddy as sort of a early Xmas present) and tax with free shipping the botton line grand total was just $28.36.........the estimated delivery date is this coming Thursday Dec. 16th so hopefully we'll get plenty of use out of them between now and when the season closes Jan. 30, 2022.

duck tote.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom