2022 Deer Pics/Chatter/Excuses

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sticky Stokes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Congrats on a great buck retrieverman! 500 mile drive from East Texas, and you always get it done. You definitely are madder at deer than I am these days. Lol. Put up blinds and stands today, finally, work has been killing me, pulled a card with almost 700 pictures on it, all dinks and does/fawns

Dorkus

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here is my lame early season story:
So I am waiting yesterday morning for a big guy and three does and a fawn come up and start hanging around. I watched them about 30 minutes and one of the does started being a bully. Beating up on the others, kicking them etc. I thought "what a bi%$#" and figured she needed an attitude adjustment so shot her. She ended up being the biggest doe I think I have ever harvested.

That is it, see I said it was lame.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So I am waiting yesterday morning for a big guy and three does and a fawn come up and start hanging around. I watched them about 30 minutes and one of the does started being a bully. Beating up on the others, kicking them etc. I thought "what a bi%$#" and figured she needed an attitude adjustment so shot her. She ended up being the biggest doe I think I have ever harvested.

Doesn't sound lame to me!
I have found it extremely difficult to differentiate between a huge buck in the pan and a huge doe in the pan. Cooked correctly, either is delicious.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Not a lame story at all.
I’m not that concerned about does bullying each other, but if a doe blows at me, it’s not going to work out well for her. I got busted by the same old doe on Saturday and Sunday, and I had her in my scope waiting for her to blow. She ended up just stomping her feet a few times and going back to eating at the protein feeder. Evidently, her stomach overruled her fear. :anyone:

Last edited:

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score

Not lame at all. I’m actually going for a meat doe early and if I get the boss b!+ch early, then all the better!

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My youngest son had been planning to take his girlfriend up to hunt this weekend, and I told him I thought hunting would be tough with the full moon. He is still at the stage in life that he thinks he’s smarter than me about everything. As of a little while ago, they had only seen one doe from the deer stand during the morning and evening hunts combined. I’m not going to tell him I told you so, but… :anyone:

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My youngest son had been planning to take his girlfriend up to hunt this weekend, and I told him I thought hunting would be tough with the full moon. He is still at the stage in life that he thinks he’s smarter than me about everything. As of a little while ago, they had only seen one doe from the deer stand during the morning and evening hunts combined. I’m not going to tell him I told you so, but… :anyone:
Maybe his eyes were closed? ;)

Latest posts

Top Bottom