2022 Deer Pics/Chatter/Excuses

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Did you know a doe will fit perfectly inside the grill of a 1973 Ford Ranchero at 65 MPH?

I found out it did one night in 1979 headed back home to Laverne from the movies in Woodward.

1669374880825.png

It pushed the radiator into the engine and broke the internals.

It also blew her stomach out through her mouth. Gruesome.

kwaynem

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just checking in to confirm I still suck at this hunting thing. Been out here about 6 hours. Only seen a few doe. Should have been paying more attention and may have had a shot when the big one walked in. Gonna stay a few more hours and see what happens!

I may suck but I sure do enjoy just being out here!
You never know when one might show up

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Last Saturday morning a doe with big twin fawns popped out at 50 yards, just inside my neighbor's fence line. She closed to 25 yards and stared at me, sitting on the ground. The next 30 minutes I had the pleasure of the doe's wind pipe serenading the woods. She had a double throat patch and entered my kill list.

This morning, same spot. She popped out at 70, jumping the fence and right into the woods, showing her throat patch prior to crossing. A few minutes later, she came back out and walked straight toward me to 52 yards. She threw her head back, trying to catch my scent and started head bobbing. I've never taken a frontal shot but at that range, i felt confident. Crosshairs on the neck, above the back to avoid pass through damage (she was below me, terrain wise) and down she went without a flinch. Blowing does gotta go.
20221125_083203.jpg

Jlingle

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Last Saturday morning a doe with big twin fawns popped out at 50 yards, just inside my neighbor's fence line. She closed to 25 yards and stared at me, sitting on the ground. The next 30 minutes I had the pleasure of the doe's wind pipe serenading the woods. She had a double throat patch and entered my kill list.

This morning, same spot. She popped out at 70, jumping the fence and right into the woods, showing her throat patch prior to crossing. A few minutes later, she came back out and walked straight toward me to 52 yards. She threw her head back, trying to catch my scent and started head bobbing. I've never taken a frontal shot but at that range, i felt confident. Crosshairs on the neck, above the back to avoid pass through damage (she was below me, terrain wise) and down she went without a flinch. Blowing does gotta go. View attachment 322693
I have no tolerance for smart does. The head-bobbing, foot stomping and blowing old bags have gotta go.

Latest posts

Top Bottom