2022 Deer Pics/Chatter/Excuses

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is how I do it to, as well as teach kids and new comers this way. I find it much more enjoyable, its easy for newbies to get wrapped up in the hype of everything they need from tree stands to high dollar camo
Yep, I've never shot game over a artificial feeder. I have feeder's to supplement but not enough to support a herd.

Shottyshooter90

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had a discussion last week with my uncle who was my deer hunting mentor in the early 80’s, and we agree that if corn feeders, game cameras, and box stands were banned that 95% of the people hunting today (in TX for sure) would have no idea how to hunt a deer. I freely admit that I love using game cameras and the ease of hunting over a feeder, but I proved to myself a couple weeks ago that I do still have the ability to go into the woods and scout, set up on a trail with a scrape line, and really hunt.
As far as hunting attire, I pretty much wear to hunt what I wear to work but with a camo shirt. I’m definitely not a GQ hunter that looks like he just stepped out of a Cabelas catalog.
It would definitely leave people in a frenzy if they were to ban them, be kind of funny to watch really! We usually put out cameras and find it quite enjoyable to look at what is moving through the woods. Didn't ever put any out this year though, I'm hoping some of the cell service cameras will go on sale. Haven't ever done a feeder though, but wouldn't mind having one just to see what uses it.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The blueing and wood on those older rifles is so much deeper, gorgeous rifle you've got there! Wish there were more high gloss scopes available now days, kills it when you buy a good looking rifle and are limited to matte options.
Something else I’ve noticed is that older blued rifles don’t get surface rust like newer rifles do. I’m not an expert on the blueing process, but I assume the old process actually got the blue deep into the “pores” of the metal where the new is just a thin surface coating. :anyone:

08H3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hope this afternoon pays off l, this morning was nothing worth shooting but fun to watch.

DA2C0F27-03FF-47DD-A999-FA787F39D043.jpeg
7C8FB9C4-FA8D-465C-BF43-5D16D1F9A4CC.jpeg
8D4D33FB-B835-4CF5-AD34-D5F06C3CAFFC.jpeg

Latest posts

Top Bottom