2022 Deer Pics/Chatter/Excuses

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

enuf

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here’s deer story I’ve never posted on the internet before.
In 1984, my Dad, Grandfather, and I were hunting on a lease in southern Nacogdoches county here in east TX, and on Sunday morning November 18th, my Dad had left early to go to church and left me at the lease with my Grandfather (who hunted a different part of the property from us). I had to poop really bad, and my Dad had set my stand up with a 5 gallon bucket with garbage bag liners for just such circumstances. I had my pants around my ankles and was sitting on the bucket while still looking around for deer. At about 150 yards, a buck walks out of the woods into the clearcut, so I grab my 30-30, easy it out the window of the box stand, find the buck in my scope, and take the shot. The buck disappeared from view. I take care of the paperwork, climb down, and headed across the clearcut to look for him (which I was specifically told NOT to do). After climbing through pine tops, I finally got to where I thought he had been, and the buck had dropped in his tracks. I don’t remember how long I had to wait for my Grandfather to come get me, but it seemed like forever. The glamour shot was taken on the tailgate of my Grandfather’s old Ford in typical east Texas fashion.
View attachment 325265
You were a fine-looking young man - what happened? :laugh6:

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was taking a leak once while hunting and had a legal deer casually walk out of a thicket no more than 30 yds. in front of me and never even glance my way......I just let go of myself and ever so slowly started reaching for my rifle and got busted big time. :)

Ever had something like this happen ?

View attachment 325239
I was standing behind a big oak tree taking a leak with my old 30-30 leaning against the tree. I heard something coming down the trail and leaned over to see a coyote trotting my way. I eased the 30-30 up and literally just aimed it downward beside the tree. The coyote trotted right past the tree and I shot him at point blank range. No more than 2 ft away.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It wasn’t me, but a friend that was out with his MZ.
He was dropping a deuce by squatting down.
Big buck walked into a clearing, so he never changed position while reaching over to grab his rifle. He shot, the deer fell and the recoil got him off balance making him fall back into his “mess”.
I would have never repeated that story.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Good luck!!! :thumb:
Probably should have said too much growth in the way, 50y isn't too far but too much stuff in the way for 50y open sights. No corn or bran here for over a month.
20221203_154106.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom