2022 Deer Pics/Chatter/Excuses

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I let a nice doe walk on Saturday morning hoping to get a buck for my first deer. He never showed up but I got my first day time pics of him today. He’s not huge but I’d be happy for that being my first deer.

I hunted for a few years but didn’t have much luck. The few times I did see deer, the nerves got me. This weekend I had several does coming in my area and didn’t get nearly as worked up so hopefully I can make it happen this time.

3A9EAF97-7353-403A-9E27-B8606696FD39.jpeg

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I let a nice doe walk on Saturday morning hoping to get a buck for my first deer. He never showed up but I got my first day time pics of him today. He’s not huge but I’d be happy for that being my first deer.

I hunted for a few years but didn’t have much luck. The few times I did see deer, the nerves got me. This weekend I had several does coming in my area and didn’t get nearly as worked up so hopefully I can make it happen this time.

View attachment 307516
This is my 40th year deer hunting, and I still get excited when a buck walks out. The key is to learn to control your nerves. I have a close friend who been hunting almost as long as I have and killed a bunch of deer, but he got “buck fever” and botched a shot last year. He still got the deer, but it was blind luck.

I’m going to offer a piece of advice. Wait until after you find your deer before you start high fiving and texting your buddies. I get texts from buddies every year…”I just smoked a big one” or “BBD” only to find out it was really a bad shot and no deer was found.

kirk1978

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I guess I’m going to start the thread this year with a picture, since everyone I’ve talked to has only come up with the excuses.
I‘ve had this buck on camera all summer and finally saw him in person this evening. Needless to say, it didn’t end well for him. I shot him at 30 yards and was pretty sure I heard him crash, but I waited a while to get down and look. This ended up being the best blood trail I’ve ever got using the Carbon Express XT4 broadheads, and he only went about 50 yards. He weighed 260# live weight, his back straps were 33”, and his tenderloins were 14”. I did a rough score and got 159” gross.
View attachment 307376
View attachment 307378
Great buck!!! Congrats

kirk1978

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

View attachment 307516
I hope you get him!!! First buck is always awesome.

hunter966

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m going to offer a piece of advice. Wait until after you find your deer before you start high fiving and texting your buddies. I get texts from buddies every year…”I just smoked a big one” or “BBD” only to find out it was really a bad shot and no deer was found.
This X 1000!

Latest posts

Top Bottom