2022 Deer Pics/Chatter/Excuses

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dorkus

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
PICS?!?!?!?!
Per your request. :burnout:The second is at about 100 yards and is hard to see his size. I didn't think to take a picture until he was too far away.

Today.jpeg

Big guy.jpeg

Dorkus

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Been a tough year at the lease for multiple reasons. I’d probably take it at this point.
Congrats @Dorkus
It has been exceptionally frustrating for me too. The worst was when I sat in my tripod and the seat was still soaked from the rain a few days before. Needless to say it was last Sunday and very cold north wind. I didn't last past 10:00, too darn wet and cold.

Just no bucks anywhere near me. I saw several does and forks/spikes but nothing else that was shootable.

Keep trying and good luck.

Dorkus

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What rifle is that?
Remington 700 ADL. I bought it new in 1983 and was the first gun I ever bought with my own money. I really wanted the 7400 (I think, the Remington semi-auto) but caved to pressure from my father and got the bolt instead. I am so glad I went with the 700, it has been a great rifle over the years and has a lot of history with me.

I did fall out of tree with it on my back and broke the stock on it back in the 80s but that was replaced back then. Back in my wild and crazy days....

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Remington 700 ADL. I bought it new in 1983 and was the first gun I ever bought with my own money. I really wanted the 7400 (I think, the Remington semi-auto) but caved to pressure from my father and got the bolt instead. I am so glad I went with the 700, it has been a great rifle over the years and has a lot of history with me.

I did fall out of tree with it on my back and broke the stock on it back in the 80s but that was replaced back then. Back in my wild and crazy days....
I like/prefer older rifles, and I got the wild hair today to rescope and sight in my old “meat gun” that my parents gave me in about 1985. It’s a Ruger M77 Ultralite 270 Win, and I rescoped it with Leupold VariX III 3.5-10. For whatever reason, this gun won’t shoot a 130 gr bullet for crap, but it’s a tack driver with 150 gr bullet loads. I’ve killed well over 100 deer and pigs with it, but after the first shot, I remembered why I quit shooting this gun 25 years ago. It kicks like a dang mule!!!
86823313-9492-43F3-A672-5F6011D66F39.jpeg

kwaynem

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like/prefer older rifles, and I got the wild hair today to rescope and sight in my old “meat gun” that my parents gave me in about 1985. It’s a Ruger M77 Ultralite 270 Win, and I rescoped it with Leupold VariX III 3.5-10. For whatever reason, this gun won’t shoot a 130 gr bullet for crap, but it’s a tack driver with 150 gr bullet loads. I’ve killed well over 100 deer and pigs with it, but after the first shot, I remembered why I quit shooting this gun 25 years ago. It kicks like a dang mule!!!
View attachment 322873
I had a 25-06 in the same rifle wish I had it now

Latest posts

Top Bottom