2022 Deer Pics/Chatter/Excuses

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would like to see the hands of anyone here who has taken their limit of deer in the last 10 years, I bet there are 1 or 2 at most, most likely none lol, including myself. 🤣🤣
In Oklahoma, I’ve never killed my limit. I hunted on a place in TX for a long time that had state doe tags on a management program that no one wanted to fill, so I would. There were a few years I killed 20 deer a year. I had a friend at the time that would take every deer I could kill.

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I missed a doe at 120 yards today. Pretty disappointed, I haven't missed a shot on a deer in a few years. Like an idiot I think I mistakenly used ammo different than what I sighted in with. If I can't remember sh*t I need to write it down I guess.
That’s what I use the ‘notes’ in my iPhone for. List the gun and the ammo I used to sight it in then 2 or 3 other ammo I have for that gun and where they hit.

okieshooter777

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My 17 year old daughter shot this mature buck on Friday morning.

We set up in the blind right at legal light, after running a little behind.
about 7am a fawn walked about 10 feet from blind and noticed us and spooked.
7:30am i noticed behind us on the trail we walked in on was this buck, and a couple does. she was in a chair facing east, i was sitting to where i could see east and west. I told her lets trade places and lets see if we can get moved without the buck seeing us and see if she can get a shot. i was expecting it to bust, but she was able to get moved, and make a free hand shot, she normally would always use shooting sticks!
the buck jumps and appears hit well, so we didn't waste much time, we immediately find blood. but we also see a deer run off with its tail up. i assumed it was one of the does he was with... the Blood trail looked great and we started tracking. 50 yards turned into 100, turned into 200yds. we find a lake of blood on the dam of a pond with bubbles so i thought well even tho it was perfectly broadside maybe she only got one lung. deer should be just a few steps away. he was, but was beaded in a thicket and jumps and runs. so after potentially jumping him twice, we decide to pull out... we give him a couple hours, we had to go knock on doors to continue the track since he was heading crossing out of our hunting property. we start our track again, and follow a great blood trail to a bob-wire fence where he goes straight thru and into a pasture with cattle. we stop and realize we have now been 600-700 yards of straight blood. we make some calls do some research to find out the land owner, luckily to get a hold of the nice gentleman and he come out with his four wheeler to give us access to his property. he asked my daughter was the buck thissssssss wide and held out his hands LOL and she said yes! thats him! haha i map it out and he was approx 900 yards where she made the first shot!
he said he is over up against the woods and is alive bedded down but his head is up. so we snuck over to about 100 yards, and she was able to get on him and take the shot to finish him off. come to find out her first shot was forward and in the neck area, and missed vitals.
She was thrilled and did a bunch of fist pumps and yess's

All three of my kids, 17, 15, and 10 all got on the board this year.
IMG_7755.jpg

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

7:30am i noticed behind us on the trail we walked in on was this buck, and a couple does. she was in a chair facing east, i was sitting to where i could see east and west. I told her lets trade places and lets see if we can get moved without the buck seeing us and see if she can get a shot. i was expecting it to bust, but she was able to get moved, and make a free hand shot, she normally would always use shooting sticks!
the buck jumps and appears hit well, so we didn't waste much time, we immediately find blood. but we also see a deer run off with its tail up. i assumed it was one of the does he was with... the Blood trail looked great and we started tracking. 50 yards turned into 100, turned into 200yds. we find a lake of blood on the dam of a pond with bubbles so i thought well even tho it was perfectly broadside maybe she only got one lung. deer should be just a few steps away. he was, but was beaded in a thicket and jumps and runs. so after potentially jumping him twice, we decide to pull out... we give him a couple hours, we had to go knock on doors to continue the track since he was heading crossing out of our hunting property. we start our track again, and follow a great blood trail to a bob-wire fence where he goes straight thru and into a pasture with cattle. we stop and realize we have now been 600-700 yards of straight blood. we make some calls do some research to find out the land owner, luckily to get a hold of the nice gentleman and he come out with his four wheeler to give us access to his property. he asked my daughter was the buck thissssssss wide and held out his hands LOL and she said yes! thats him! haha i map it out and he was approx 900 yards where she made the first shot!
he said he is over up against the woods and is alive bedded down but his head is up. so we snuck over to about 100 yards, and she was able to get on him and take the shot to finish him off. come to find out her first shot was forward and in the neck area, and missed vitals.

View attachment 323787
Pass on my congrats to the young lady! :thumb:

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

View attachment 323787

Nice. Congrats!

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would like to see the hands of anyone here who has taken their limit of deer in the last 10 years, I bet there are 1 or 2 at most, most likely none lol, including myself. 🤣🤣
I don’t remember how long it has been but I only remember ever taking my limit once. It was after they imposed the 2 buck, 5 deer total limit, however long ago that has been. And only reason I limited out then was because I had people that wanted 3 of the deer.

Since both of my girls have been hunting, I seldom take more than two deer a year, and most years one or none.

Last edited:

kirk1978

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

View attachment 323787
Congrats to the kid!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom