2022 Deer Pics/Chatter/Excuses

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife killed her very first deer on the last day of gun season!

120 pound doe

230 yards

30-30 Ackley Improved

150 gr. Speer Grand Slam @ 2,510 fps.

Bang flop! Deer died where it stood!

Total time on stand was 3 minutes!

View attachment 325840
Heck yeah!!! Pass on my congrats to your wife! :thumb:

Virtuaguyver

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
20221204_120556.jpg
20221204_132649.jpg

20221204_132657.jpg

Second season deer hunting, public land. Don't use 300 blackout Hornady 190gr Sub-X, not a single drop of blood, heart shot. Last day gun season.

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Coach_1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’ve had great luck with the 300 blackout this year. Killed 2 deer with it. First was a doe using Defiant Muntions 110gr and the shot was closer than I thought it was and hit her in the spine and pretty much exploded it and she dropped and I did send a follow up shot in the heart to finish her quickly and humanely. Shot a 9pt buck at 20 yards using Sig Saur signature copper 120gr and it left a golf ball sized exit hole and didn’t go far. Both lungs were pretty much obliterated. I have to say I was very surprised in the performance of the 300 blackout cartridge. I’ve only ever used a 270 during rifle and we all know how great that cartridge is. Built the 300 to be a HD gun and for my son but he had knee surgery and wasn’t able to hunt this year so I thought I would try it out. Loving it so far and we’ve got some pigs to target practice on in the near future.

Jlingle

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Virtuaguyver

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dang it boy!!! That’s a nice buck for anywhere especially public land!!! Congrats!!! :thumb:
Fantastic public land deer. Way to go sir!
I’ve had great luck with the 300 blackout this year. Killed 2 deer with it. First was a doe using Defiant Muntions 110gr and the shot was closer than I thought it was and hit her in the spine and pretty much exploded it and she dropped and I did send a follow up shot in the heart to finish her quickly and humanely. Shot a 9pt buck at 20 yards using Sig Saur signature copper 120gr and it left a golf ball sized exit hole and didn’t go far. Both lungs were pretty much obliterated. I have to say I was very surprised in the performance of the 300 blackout cartridge. I’ve only ever used a 270 during rifle and we all know how great that cartridge is. Built the 300 to be a HD gun and for my son but he had knee surgery and wasn’t able to hunt this year so I thought I would try it out. Loving it so far and we’ve got some pigs to target practice on in the near future.
Fantastic deer!!!! Congratulations. That buck is a slob, and an exceptional deer for public.
Thanks! I'm super happy. I spent hours in the woods just staring at him, such a beautiful animal before my eyes, enjoying my achievement for hunting deer. Plus I had to wait for my sons to come get him, i was burnt out. Many days of freezing my but off last year and this year all for this moment. It's s overwhelming how much works goes in killing a deer. My whole life I thought they were just dumb animals that jumps infront of your cars.
10 minutes before this buck, I saw a buck twice his size with more spikes, hope he's around next year.

I also just picked up some 110 vmax last week from a fourm member. I did not get a chance to zero before last weekend's hunt, had to make due with the sub, now I know.

Last edited:

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks! I'm super happy. I spent hours in the woods just staring at him, such a beautiful animal before my eyes, enjoying my achievement for hunting deer. Plus I had to wait for my sons to come get him, i was burnt out. Many days of freezing my but off last year and this year all for this moment. It's s overwhelming how much works goes in killing a deer. My whole life I thought they were just dumb animals that jumps infront of your cars.
10 minutes before this buck, I saw a buck twice his size with more spikes, hope he's around next year.

I also just picked up some 110 vmax last week from a fourm member. I did not get a chance to zero before last weekend's hunt, had to make due with the sub, now I know.
There is a TON of work that goes in to it. It can be public or private land but the amount of work is incredible. That is an awesome deer for public land or anywhere. Congratulations!

Latest posts

Top Bottom