2022 Garden thread.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Got the plot tilled on Easter. Had some bell peppers and tomatoes potted in kitchen windows. Didn't move anything outside until last weekend in April. Goofy weather.

Put the pepper and mater plants out. Got carrot, potato, squash, turnips, eggplant and watermelon planted. They are doing good, but 30 days behind where they should be.

Got 2 rows of okra planted Wednesday. At least, it is on schedule.

Tomatoes are blooming and have 1 pingpong size.

Been seeing a young rabbit around. Jack sits at the door, guarding.

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My tomatoes are flowering like crazy but no fruit yet. Rabbits ate my first plants so I grabbed these from lowes. Not sure how far along they are but hoping they start producing soon.

green beans are starting to produce too. Peppers are growing like crazy but no flowers just yet.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’ve got radishes coming out of my wazoo (whatever that is), and I’m pretty happy about it. This is todays haul.

They’re flamboyant French breakfast radishes. I’ve always liked radishes, but mostly as something mixed in with other stuff. These are good enough to eat out of the ground, by far the tastiest radishes I’ve ever had.
33522BF7-8787-45D7-B3B0-9AB056B7AFAA.jpeg

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
way to go and I believe your first year right? We've been harvesting spinach, lettuce and beet tops like crazy the last month. Spinach is finally starting to go to seed as is the asparagus. Potatoes poked through the soil with the hard rains - tossed some top soil over since the tops are still green. Unfortunately the potatoes are going so well they are shading out my okra seedlings. Planting logistics that will be fixed for next year.

Tomatoes and peppers on the vine, cucumbers going well and starting to climb the trellis.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We had intentions of having a nice garden this year but remodeling took up too much time.

On a whim we bought some veggie plants that were on sale at Home Depot and put them in the ground a few days ago. Just some peppers, zucchini, yellow squash and tomatoes...stuff we eat the most of.

The garden will have to wait until next year, I guess.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I’m getting leaf curling on my tomatoes. I’ve read up on some causes and have tried the suggestions with no luck. I’m thinking it’s the soil quality is the culprit. It’s just bagged peat moss and some manure compost from Lowes. I’m getting flowers but no fruit. The flowers also seem to open but die and fall off pretty quickly. Going to try a little fertilizer and see how that goes.
23E49C23-F90F-428A-9FC7-37963B7CCAD0.jpeg

sklfco

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’m getting leaf curling on my tomatoes. I’ve read up on some causes and have tried the suggestions with no luck. I’m thinking it’s the soil quality is the culprit. It’s just bagged peat moss and some manure compost from Lowes. I’m getting flowers but no fruit. The flowers also seem to open but die and fall off pretty quickly. Going to try a little fertilizer and see how that goes.
View attachment 277478
Use the wife’s “bloom booster” for her roses.
The plant is already there so you don’t need all the nitrogen in the regular stuff. You need the extra P & K bits, well the plant needs.
Common household epsom salt will get you partway there quickly.

Latest posts

Top Bottom