2022 Garden thread.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
IMG_20220601_115635644_HDR.jpg

I may have over done onions this year. That's about half of them.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I only have 3 insulated large flower pots with radishes planted. Prior to planting, put ground egg shells an coffee grounds in them, then mixed into the soil.
Well, it appears raccoons interested in eating the turkey nest eggs around here liked my flower pots as well, smelling the egg shells. They dug up the first two plantings in the pots before I trapped and dispatched them.
I’m at this point now.

25E9F561-422A-4E3A-B2CC-19851ADCB8F7.jpeg

Matt Giroux

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Okra are starting to come in nicely (planted at seeds) as well as peppers, peppers have just started to to put out. Onions have a little while but are doing well. Tomatoes are doing great, already have pulled some decent cherry tomatoes off, the beefsteaks are almost there but not quite turned yet.

Looking at some of y’all’s set ups has me ready to beef up my little set up next year!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    193.1 KB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    192.5 KB · Views: 0

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I cooked them as instructions for canning. Peeled then sliced. Put in my freeze dryer till process complete. Put in mylar bag with oxygen absorber. You have to have a freeze dryer for this.
Post the process you're using please. We froze alot of extras last year instead of canning but not freeze dried.

Nice haul on the onions!

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We have a few small yellow squash, zucchini is just starting to flower nicely, green beans are blooming, tomato is still putting on blooms but no fruit yet. For some reason we never get tomatoes until July. Does not matter if we plant in the ground or containers. Our wild onions are doing good and I will let them ride until we need them.

One of my sisters brought us a couple of Stevia plants to try. Be interesting to see how useful they are.

Latest posts

Top Bottom