2022 Garden thread.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a nice assortment of mater plants up and about an 1" tall or better. The last freeze got them. DEAD. Dang it, with the projected weather I'll wait until next weekend and do it again. Funny thing is it killed what was in 4" pots but there is a slew of volunteers coming up in big floor pots, but those have no ID and are most likely a cherry type of some sort. We'll keep some of them as it'd be a waste not too.
Not a pepper one has sprouted so I'll be doing them again too. Carrots are up and doing well, cabbage too, lettuce as well. Anxious ! More so than years past. The world environment has us planning more so than usual. We gave away a slew of older seeds as wasting time is not on my list of things to do.
You lost starter tomato plants to the freeze? Did you not have them inside the green house or house?

golddigger14s

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think that I'm gonna try planting in 4 or 5 straw bales --- never done this before.
I tried and found out they use weed killer on most bales. I couldn't even grow zucchinis. This year I will use the bales again, with a lot of potting soil on top but the weed killer should be leached out by now.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I repurposed some old trailer floor board into another raised bed (5’x12’) this afternoon, and I’m going to fill it with poop dirt in the morning. :thumb:
BCAD7D88-ADA5-40E2-9FCB-A2F574CABAE8.jpeg

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
looking to start my first raised bed garden. I'm not too late right? should I start the veggies in a seed starter tray with a grow light or something, or could I just drop some seeds in the dirt and hope for the best?

I'm looking to buy soil from minick, they deliver and it seems to be reasonably priced.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I started a few things in peat pots too and I am working on getting my containers ready. I bought some soil today but I plan on trying to mix it with dirt off the Never Ending Hill if I can.

Carrying one bag of rock from the garage to the back yard today pretty much wore me out for the day, I need to go buy one more tomorrow but dread carrying it. I may have to use my 2 wheel dolly. Sad part, seems like only yesterday I was throwing 75 lb bails of hay on the trailer. :anyone:

Latest posts

Top Bottom