2022 Garden thread.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
@HoLeChit , Nice swag with the worms, I could see myself wearing such a shirt.
Next on my list is a black kow manure shirt, haha.
C6DE7A1D-85A6-45F4-A5D0-844F6BECB255.png

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
@HoLeChit - I didn't get no stinking T-shirt with my worm order earlier this year. I hope you had to buy it or I'm writing their ass a nasty letter!

Black Kow is pricey at Lowe's. Maybe their t-shirts are less and make up the difference? I do have high hopes on the worms helping out my garden. Likely will buy more later this year towards end of the summer. Working on a composter so trying to get done at same time.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
@HoLeChit - I didn't get no stinking T-shirt with my worm order earlier this year. I hope you had to buy it or I'm writing their ass a nasty letter!

Black Kow is pricey at Lowe's. Maybe their t-shirts are less and make up the difference? I do have high hopes on the worms helping out my garden. Likely will buy more later this year towards end of the summer. Working on a composter so trying to get done at same time.
Yeah, I had to throw them an extra $10 for the shirt. Not a bad deal I feel.

I let the golden out last night to go to the bathroom before bed, 2 minutes later I found him digging up my worms and eating them. What a turd. Went out this morning and found quite a few dead worms in my beds, I don’t know if they just died from the habitat change or what. They were pretty lively when I put them in. I put a little water down to moisten the dirt, hopefully that’s what they needed.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think every one of my planters has at least one worm in it. Not sure how they will do with the mix of dirt and container soil but hopefully they thrive.

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I let the golden out last night to go to the bathroom before bed, 2 minutes later I found him digging up my worms and eating them. What a turd. Went out this morning and found quite a few dead worms in my beds, I don’t know if they just died from the habitat change or what. They were pretty lively when I put them in. I put a little water down to moisten the dirt, hopefully that’s what they needed.
I had a few die and show up on the surface. I figure they aren't the smart ones anyhow if can put under good mixed soil only to dig to the top and die from the lack of moisture! We put up baling wire around our garden to keep the lab out.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Next on my list is a black kow manure shirt, haha. View attachment 265484
I’ve never heard of that stuff and don’t know what it costs, but I bet you could find someone with cows that would let you dig up a little from around a hay ring. As I’ve said before, I’m using “poop dirt” skimmed from a spot where I fed hay 7 years ago, and I have other spots available from subsequent years of hay feeding. I don’t know the exact make up, but it’s rich. So far, I haven’t burned any plants though.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

You say you put them on dirt, I started mine on wet cardboard and compost scraps in a 5 gallon bucket until I got around to the pink bathtub. I just put 3 wet paper feed sacks on them earlier .
I’ve never heard of that stuff and don’t know what it costs, but I bet you could find someone with cows that would let you dig up a little from around a hay ring. As I’ve said before, I’m using “poop dirt” skimmed from a spot where I fed hay 7 years ago, and I have other spots available from subsequent years of hay feeding. I don’t know the exact make up, but it’s rich. So far, I haven’t burned any plants though.
I do the same except I gather the pooey hay and compost it and use it sooner. Some goes into a soil mix some is top dressed on the raised beds . My hay man said there's no spray on his hay, if ya didn't know it would be a gamble.

Latest posts

Top Bottom