2022 Garden thread.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My leaf curling issue continues with my tomatoes. I fertilized and the plants grew quickly but no more fruit. I’m thinking it’s a soil issue. They are in pots and I used a mixture of compost manure and potting soil. Maybe all the rain washed out the nutrients? Only 2 fruit on 8 plants.

I’ve got the same issue. I got about 3 amazing tomatoes so far and nothing else. Lots of flowers but no fruit setting. I’ve tried hand pollination but I must be doing something wrong.

I can’t blame it on soil because my cherry tomatoes won’t stop producing. I’ve probably got 50 on there right now.

I’m gonna be covered up with jalapeños any day now too.

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Canning homemade sauerkraut today. 30 quarts when I'm done for today. Still a 5 gallon bucket to process another day.
IMG_20220630_094205752_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220630_101729134_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220630_155606371.jpg

OKfella

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
RE: fruit set on your tomatoes.

On the big slicers, fruit set really slows down once the temps hit the mid 90s. Shake the cages daily, or whack them with a broom, get that sticky pollen moving.

Cherry and grape tomatoes don't seem as affected by the heat. You will be harvesting those steadily. A great variety for our hot summers is the Juliet. SO MANY tomatoes, like little Romas.

https://minnetonkaorchards.com/juli...omato is a,known for setting abundant fruits.
As always, best of luck!

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’ve got the same issue. I got about 3 amazing tomatoes so far and nothing else. Lots of flowers but no fruit setting. I’ve tried hand pollination but I must be doing something wrong.

I can’t blame it on soil because my cherry tomatoes won’t stop producing. I’ve probably got 50 on there right now.

I’m gonna be covered up with jalapeños any day now too.
I too am suffering from leaf curl, I thought it was from too much nitrogen . But we have plants in 3 locations. We're in the country and 1 evening while sitting outside there was 4 jet trails above us.?
We're not accustomed to seeing such.
The aircraft we typically see is careflight.?? I'm beyond puzzled, we normally kick tail on maters . It dang sure is a tough year for the garden .

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Reminder, if something is doing good for you be sure and seed save. The supply chain could go either way. A lot of folks are claiming to have received bad or poor seeds. Ours were sourced local so I'll not blame the seeds. None the less we are seed saving. Let's say shtf you'd be secure and might even have barter goods.

Latest posts

Top Bottom