2022 Health insurance vent

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Maybe they should allow whoever wants to opt into medicare do so and then get out of the rest. Let carriers underwrite policies and create plans that people want.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m not sure how anyone would consider working for someone and adding a lot of value sucking on a tit. I guess that’s someone’s mentality and perspective . I guess that same person would say you are sucking on the Public’s tit If you own your own company, or you are sucking on the taxpayer’s tit if you are in the military. All of that is BS.

My solution was for you to find a job that pays you the benefits that you want if working for yourself doesn’t provide the compensation needed to support your family. That is a choice. Things are just going to get worse over the next three years, not better. Don’t wait for someone else to hand you a better rate on health insurance, that will never happen.

Or work a couple jobs like I do with having my own business as well as a corporate gig. The second job is just for fun now, but it helped support my stay at home wife to raise our kids.

You are in one of the 4 categories I posted on page one. That’s why you don’t want change and I get it I’d be the same if I were you. But you should post your specific solutions instead of doing the whole “I pulled myself up through hard work“ line just because you have “great benefits“. Like anyone who wants change doesn’t work hard. Some would say you’ve chosen to suck off the corporate tit instead of being the patriotic rugged individual you should be. I would not say that but some would.

tiasman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’m not sure how anyone would consider working for someone and adding a lot of value sucking on a tit. I guess that’s someone’s mentality and perspective . I guess that same person would say you are sucking on the Public’s tit If you own your own company, or you are sucking on the taxpayer’s tit if you are in the military. All of that is BS.

My solution was for you to find a job that pays you the benefits that you want if working for yourself doesn’t provide the compensation needed to support your family. That is a choice. Things are just going to get worse over the next three years, not better. Don’t wait for someone else to hand you a better rate on health insurance, that will never happen.

Or work a couple jobs like I do with having my own business as well as a corporate gig. The second job is just for fun now, but it helped support my stay at home wife to raise our kids.

your “muh benefits” are subsidized by tax breaks to your employer.

I’ll not engage with you any longer since you are getting more and more insulting with your passive agressive nonsense.

Implying I don’t support my family. What an ass you are being.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
your “muh benefits” are subsidized by tax breaks to your employer.

I’ll not engage with you any longer since you are getting more and more insulting with your passive agressive nonsense.

Implying I don’t support my family. What an ass you are being.
That’s fine. You are whining on the internet about not being able to support your family, I am not. If you cannot afford something there are 2 options. Don’t buy it or increase your income. Pretty simple. Asking someone to charge less for the service is an option, but just because they don’t want to cut their fee is no reason to get upset.

tiasman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’ve been looking at some numbers.

Australia spends 1/2 the cost of the US per capita and provides universal coverage.
England’s NHS costs 1/3 per capita of the US for universal coverage.
Canada spends 1/3 per capita of the US for universal coverage.

Currently US citizens spend 4.1 Trillion per year on healthcare premiums, copays and coinsurance. Amongst the highest per capital country in the world. The US pays the highest drug prices in the world.
CBO estimates it would cost the US 2.8-3.2 trillion yearly for universal single payer. A savings to Americans of 900 billion to 1.3 trillion per year. Wowzers!

Cost savings would come from advertising elimination, private health insurance disappearing and procedure/drug cost controls. There is a lot of speculation that health care workers pay would decrease as well.

I believe the USA could do this better than anyone, like we do almost everything better. I’m not sure why we can’t.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve been looking at some numbers.

Australia spends 1/2 the cost of the US per capita and provides universal coverage.
England’s NHS costs 1/3 per capita of the US for universal coverage.
Canada spends 1/3 per capita of the US for universal coverage.

Currently US citizens spend 4.1 Trillion per year on healthcare premiums, copays and coinsurance. Amongst the highest per capital country in the world. The US pays the highest drug prices in the world.
CBO estimates it would cost the US 2.8-3.2 trillion yearly for universal single payer. A savings to Americans of 900 billion to 1.3 trillion per year. Wowzers!

Cost savings would come from advertising elimination, private health insurance disappearing and procedure/drug cost controls. There is a lot of speculation that health care workers pay would decrease as well.

I believe the USA could do this better than anyone, like we do almost everything better. I’m not sure why we can’t.
Name one single government agency that is run well. Literally every agency is a cornucopia of waste, fraud, abuse and inefficiency. I just can't take anyone serious that thinks handing over ANYTHING to the government is a good idea. I used to think NASA and FAA were probably better there, but I've, uhm lets see what's the word? "Evolved" on that, that's the one.

There isn't a single thing that .gov does that couldn't be done better in the private sector, but some things are constitutionally mandated to be the domain of .gov. I'll never support handing over anything that wasn't in the founding. Be it education, healthcare or whatever. None of those things are what we have a government for, it's just morphed into an abomination over time and It needs to be paired back in a big way.

tiasman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I believe that Sweden also has super low corporate taxes.

Yes it’s very business friendly. Only 10 million people helps. They almost blew it with immigration but closed that down several years ago. They love America over there too, in general. Good gun and hotrod culture too.

tiasman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Name one single government agency that is run well. Literally every agency is a cornucopia of waste, fraud, abuse and inefficiency. I just can't take anyone serious that thinks handing over ANYTHING to the government is a good idea. I used to think NASA and FAA were probably better there, but I've, uhm lets see what's the word? "Evolved" on that, that's the one.

There isn't a single thing that .gov does that couldn't be done better in the private sector, but some things are constitutionally mandated to be the domain of .gov. I'll never support handing over anything that wasn't in the founding. Be it education, healthcare or whatever. None of those things are what we have a government for, it's just morphed into an abomination over time and It needs to be paired back in a big way.

I respect your opinion on this matter. Influential post that makes one consider carefully some of the cons.

I do take you seriously, though. I assure you I’m a serious individual when needed but many people also describe me as a “hoot”.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There is a medical business in Witchita Ks that I think is the way the industry should look at. They post their prices, have a published price list for treatment, and negotiate directly with the drug companies to offer significantly lower drug prices.

Here at Atlas MD, our pricing system is very straightforward – just like it should be. No hidden costs or impossibly complicated invoices. If you have questions, simply ask. We’re happy to walk you through anything. In the meantime, take a look at our Membership Fees, browse our Frequently Asked Questions, or sign up to become a member below. We’re glad you’re here.

MONTHLY MEMBERSHIP FEES
Children 0-19 years old, $10/month with at least one parent membership
We can now offer routine pediatric vaccines through a service called www.vaxcare.com, and we may be able to bill your insurance so that you don’t have additional out of pocket expense.
Adults 20-44 years old, $50/month
Adults 45-64 years old, $75/month
Adults 65+ years old, $100/month
Employer groups with 5+ employees, $50/mo/adult
Nursing home and home-bound patients, call for details

https://atlas.md/wichita/
As I understand it, this clinic has dozens across the country following this new method of medical care.
You still need catastrophic coverage from what I understand.

Latest posts

Top Bottom