2022 Health insurance vent

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Have you tried to look at HSA plans? Triple tax vehicle. Works well for people that don't go to the doc a lot.
I'm looking at them. Strangely, there are 8 HSA qualified plans showing and the cheapest is about $100 month higher than the one I referenced before. Hard to square that, so I'm trying to understand why that is.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As an also self employed straight white male in America, you need to look at HSA's buddy. Cost for healthy folks is very cheap and the freedom is great. Plus you get the deduction on your 1040. I don't know if anyone else said it already, but that's the way I'd go.
Throw that Obamacare crap out the window.

tiasman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not for single payor yet, but I totally get where @tiasman is coming from. It's so broken, it's hard to see any fix. There is a huge no-mans land where people make too much for soonercare or subsidies and too little to afford the crappy policies available now with obamacare. I think it's been largely successful in its goal of grinding the fight out of a chunk of us on single payor, which was their ultimate plan anyway.

I paid about ~$900 month for cobra from my last job in 2014. Far from cheap, but it was decent insurance, ie seems like it had a $1k deductible and paid 80/20 and so on. You could actually use it if needed, and included dental. Now, the cheapest available is $1400 month and it literally pays nothing until I'm out of pocket another $8700 AT LEAST, and up to $17k for the family.

Another fun part is I haven't been to a doctor in I don't remember how long.
This is exactly what I’m talking about. You are more articulate than I.

tiasman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As an also self employed straight white male in America, you need to look at HSA's buddy. Cost for healthy folks is very cheap and the freedom is great. Plus you get the deduction on your 1040. I don't know if anyone else said it already, but that's the way I'd go.
Throw that Obamacare crap out the window.
Perfectly healthy family and the HSA plans are just as expensive outside the exchanges. It’s a broken system for the producers.

tiasman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No they don't and honestly none of those countries are near as large and as unhealthy as we are.

Tired of getting screwed by the government...... so you want to give the government MORE control? How does that work? Think about how that would look under this administration? You'd have to provide your vaccination status, turn in your guns, prove your woke status before getting any treatment. :D
I’m not gonna die on the hill of “muh government“ when I’m already ****ed anyway. It’s past time for everyone to join the party.

mouthpiece

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Look in to a medishare or a insurance co/op.

can you skip buying health ins and save the $20k per yr and use as needed for Dr. visits?
or do you have to buy insurance?

Latest posts

Top Bottom