2022 Health insurance vent

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
$1 = 9.054 Kr. $100,000 = 905473 krona

This is just income tax and excludes all the other extremely high taxes the Swedes pay.

CED93FE8-6D5D-4994-8321-6EFEFA1F0A6A.png

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Get the government out of it as much as possible, employ transparent model with regards to pricing, let the free market work, and the population is going to have to understand there's an amount of personal responsibility with regards to preventable disease.

I agree, lets get the .gov out of it.

So what do you do with the folks who have paid into the system but have not drawn down from the system? I have paid into the system for going on 40 years, or the folks who are elderly drawing down from the system?

I agree folks need to take charge of their health, I see my doc 4 times a year. I have 2 medications that I need that my prescription plan refuses to cover, so they are 100% out of pocket for me, yet after testing my doctors decided I need these meds, and guess what they work, and sadly its nothing that I can change by a lifestyle change, other than surgery which I have ruled out since the fix is not 100%

So in addition to the $3000 out of pocket for medical coverage I get to pay more for prescriptions that actually improve my quality of life.

That $3000 does not include, dental or vision, hospital admittance coverage, critical illness coverage or basic life.

All told I am right around $5000 a year out of pocket just for insurance coverage, for a single person, then add to it all of the taxes I pay in medicare, social security, fica, thats just payroll, sales and property taxes are another matter.

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Fuel is over $7 per gallon in Sweden.
They also have the highest carbon tax in the world.

Where do you think we are heading in this country in regards to fuel costs?

Brace yourself this winters heating bills are going to hurt.

Coal has already hit a all time high of $100 per ton.

Fertilizers that farmers buy in the winter for spring crops have increased by over 50%, so that means they buy less fertilizer and grow less crops or buy the amounts they always have but charge more for the crops, either way next year expect to see even higher prices at the grocery stores.

tiasman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here’s my frustration point. The middle class and especially the upper middle class are being screwed royally right now. If you fall into the “sweet spot” that I do, you get shafted on medical (It would cost me $37k out of pocket before any plan would pay a dime). No thanks, I’ll go uninsured. We have a great doc and dentist and pay cash. $80 office visits, $79 dental cleaning. We are all healthy. It’s the big one that will break us, if any serious issue arises.

College, again we get none of the help that other citizens, some of whom contribute nothing get. We have to pay cash or take loans. Period, the end.

I‘m not whining, I’ve lived and am living the American dream. We have a great life. I’m saying we cannot go on screwing the producers in our country and maintain the country we have. We are America. We should fix this.

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Let’s look at the health care issue like this

it’s one large swamp beast that’ larger then we thought and well entrenched.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I agree, lets get the .gov out of it.

So what do you do with the folks who have paid into the system but have not drawn down from the system? I have paid into the system for going on 40 years, or the folks who are elderly drawing down from the system?

I agree folks need to take charge of their health, I see my doc 4 times a year. I have 2 medications that I need that my prescription plan refuses to cover, so they are 100% out of pocket for me, yet after testing my doctors decided I need these meds, and guess what they work, and sadly its nothing that I can change by a lifestyle change, other than surgery which I have ruled out since the fix is not 100%

So in addition to the $3000 out of pocket for medical coverage I get to pay more for prescriptions that actually improve my quality of life.

That $3000 does not include, dental or vision, hospital admittance coverage, critical illness coverage or basic life.

All told I am right around $5000 a year out of pocket just for insurance coverage, for a single person, then add to it all of the taxes I pay in medicare, social security, fica, thats just payroll, sales and property taxes are another matter.

What do you mean "paid into the system?"

Are you conflating Medicare with health insurance for those under 65?

Latest posts

Top Bottom