2022 Health insurance vent

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here’s my frustration point. The middle class and especially the upper middle class are being screwed royally right now. If you fall into the “sweet spot” that I do, you get shafted on medical (It would cost me $37k out of pocket before any plan would pay a dime). No thanks, I’ll go uninsured. We have a great doc and dentist and pay cash. $80 office visits, $79 dental cleaning. We are all healthy. It’s the big one that will break us, if any serious issue arises.

College, again we get none of the help that other citizens, some of whom contribute nothing get. We have to pay cash or take loans. Period, the end.

I‘m not whining, I’ve lived and am living the American dream. We have a great life. I’m saying we cannot go on screwing the producers in our country and maintain the country we have. We are America. We should fix this.
I agree 100% with your philosophy and admire your position in life currently.
The problem is that libs get on their soap box, pontificate about how they are going to tax the rich and make them pay their "fair share" and other political lies.
All the time they know that spending will bring on inflation that will be a tax on the poor and middle class. Businesses that support the dimocrats love this theory as they just pass the inflation prices to the consumer while keeping profit margins the same. Biden saying in the past at a NAACP convention that Republicans are going to put them back in chains is exactly what the dimocrat party is doing now to the poor with inflation.
Dimocrats say all the "new progressive deals" are paid for. Of course, they are, by the sweat of the working persons brow in the middle class with increased inflation, increased taxes and higher taxes.
It actually isn't paid for no more than obama care let you keep your doctor, keep your plan, and save $2000 per year per family lies.
The libs keep repeating it and the dumbasses of this country believe it because they have no clue how government works.
Brain dead biden keeps saying some of the programs are temporary.
There is not a single "temporary" government program allowed to expire but a tiny few. The sunset provisions never happen or get extended for the "good of the people". The only sunset law I can remember was the clinton gun ban that was not good politically for the dims to vote to continue at that time in political history. They were on the ropes politically and allowed it to set.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Insurance in charge isnt a good solution either. Pay a fortune to just have them deny everything. Insurance and retirement for that matter can’t be tied to jobs, that limits choice and isn’t free market.
You want the government to do that for you? Do you think the government won't deny health care if the budget gets in trouble or they see a savings by letting the elderly pass away to save medical expenses? The VA has already done that. The biggest government health care we have now. Documented many times.
He is talking free market competition which historically brought down pricing due to competition.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You want the government to do that for you? Do you think the government won't deny health care if the budget gets in trouble or they see a savings by letting the elderly pass away to save medical expenses? The VA has already done that. The biggest government health care we have now. Documented many times.
He is talking free market competition which historically brought down pricing due to competition.
Where did I ever mention I wanted the government to do that?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Giving insurance companies more leverage. Now there’s a disaster holy smokes. They already buy the legislatures at the federal and state levels off with their lobbyists.
I think if we removed state borders, had catastrophic plans like insurance is meant to be and they no longer covered basic services it would bring the cost down.
Insurance traditionally wasn't meant to cover everything. When it does the third parties get to decide how much stuff costs. That removes you from the pricing decisions.
Imagine auto insurance covering oil changes. The inefficiency that gets introduced is high. Would you ever hire someone to negotiate your oil changes and also expect them to be cheaper? Best case would be that you are paying the same plus the fee of the third party. I know this is simplified but sometimes it helps to break it all down to understand what is going on.

Overtime the customer has lost control over their own decisions and now expects a third party to negotiate the price. The insurance companies, doctors, and government want you to think it is overly complicated so you give up. They create the problem so you can pay them to fix it. Healthcare shouldn't be any different than other industries that have insurance. It isn't some magical problem only they can fix. They just want you to think it is.

Just my opinion.

Just my opinion.
It's kind of like that now. Medicare says they will only pay so much per procedure, and the supplement to medicare that the retiree pays for from their SS pays the rest.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
Get the government out of it as much as possible, employ transparent model with regards to pricing, let the free market work, and the population is going to have to understand there's an amount of personal responsibility with regards to preventable disease.
I totally agree, but getting other people to do anything, even for their own good, is near impossible! A FREE MARKET is much more likely to solve this problem than crooked politicians, that all want their cut! A free market is one of very few things, that is totally UNBIASED, it's only about supply, and demand, and race, religion, political connections, etc. are not a factor!

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I totally agree, but getting other people to do anything, even for their own good, is near impossible! A FREE MARKET is much more likely to solve this problem than crooked politicians, that all want their cut! A free market is one of very few things, that is totally UNBIASED, it's only about supply, and demand, and race, religion, political connections, etc. are not a factor!

I'm with you, people just need to understand what happens if you eat too much cake...... :D

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm with you, people just need to understand what happens if you eat too much cake...... :D
I have a friend that shot and killed two guys, that kicked in his RV door, and were coming in on them, including two small grand-kids. This happened 20 years, and he was cleared of any criminal wrong doing, and won all the lawsuits, over many years. He said it cost him $400,000.00 by the time HIS lawyers got through with him, and he WON?

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a friend that shot and killed two guys, that kicked in his RV door, and were coming in on them, including two small grand-kids. This happened 20 years, and he was cleared of any criminal wrong doing, and won all the lawsuits, over many years. He said it cost him $400,000.00 by the time HIS lawyers got through with him, and he WON?

I have NO idea why you quoted my comment and responded with this lol... I was implying that America is too fat.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Did I misunderstand your post? If you would learn to speak English instead of JIBE talk, I could understand your meaning!

I think the expression is "Jive?" and I spoke plain English my confused friend. For reference, you might want to go read my last sentence of the comment you originally quoted talking about personal responsibility. Basically, in a nutshell, free market is great at solving problems, but again, there's an amount of personal responsibility people need to assume in overall health.

Not sure where you were going with the self defense case cost example?

Latest posts

Top Bottom