2022 OU Softball

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm an oSu fan, and have only really taken an interest in softball in the last decade or so, but what OU has going on down there is a dynasty in the first degree.

I'll willingly admit that I don't know much softball history, but if this isn't the best women's softball team of all time, I'd like to know who they were. Holy hell, this gals are gooood, and the pace at which they lose softballs is unreal. They have really good defense, great pitching and the hitting is out of this world.

I don't what that this team couldn't have beat some of the gold medal USA teams of the past.

GunSlingingPlatypus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm an oSu fan, and have only really taken an interest in softball in the last decade or so, but what OU has going on down there is a dynasty in the first degree.

I'll willingly admit that I don't know much softball history, but if this isn't the best women's softball team of all time, I'd like to know who they were. Holy hell, this gals are gooood, and the pace at which they lose softballs is unreal. They have really good defense, great pitching and the hitting is out of this world.

I don't what that this team couldn't have beat some of the gold medal USA teams of the past.
As an OSU cowboy myself, the only team that stood a chance to beat OU in this world series was OSU and they decided to not play against Texas and blew their chance. OU softball is legit and a dynasty.

VarmintHunter59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As an OSU cowboy myself, the only team that stood a chance to beat OU in this world series was OSU and they decided to not play against Texas and blew their chance. OU softball is legit and a dynasty.

The Cowgirls had no chance either. Not enough offense or pitching but they are working on building their own program. They'll be good for a long time. I've been watching the sooners since 05 or 06. Universities are turning their teams into very good programs. I'm an OU fan first, OSU fan second, and Texas third. This has been a great World Series.

1911Sooner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Oklahoma Sooners 2022 recruiting class picked up two Gatorade POY honors today.

North Carolina - Kierston Deal (LHP) - Here is her announcement.

https://playeroftheyear.gatorade.com/poy/assets/writable/70147/2022_SB_KDeal.pdf

Key paragraph:
The 5-foot-7 senior left-handed pitcher led the Eagles (27-3) to the Class 4A state final this past season. Deal posted
a 23-3 record with a 0.79 ERA, striking out 305 batters in 150.1 innings pitched, while walking just 34. She also
batted .533 with 5 home runs and 28 RBI. The Central Piedmont Conference Player of the Year and three-time
Pitcher of the Year, Deal is also an Extra Inning Softball First Team All-American. She is ranked as the nation’s No. 1
prospect in the Class of 2022 by Extra Inning Softball.

A devoted member of the Fellowship of Christian Athletes, Deal has served as a peer tutor in her school system and
has volunteered locally on behalf of the Salvation Army, a Vacation Bible School and youth sports programs.
“Kierston Deal is the kind of top-notch athlete that doesn’t come around often,” said Natalie Layden, head coach at
Ronald Reagan High School. “The statistics showing what she does on the mound and in the box speak for
themselves, but she is a real competitor who understands what it takes to be successful.”

Deal has maintained a weighted 4.38 GPA in the classroom. She has signed a National Letter of Intent to play
softball on scholarship at the University of Oklahoma this fall.

Arizona - Jocelyn Erickson (C/1B) - Here is her announcement.

https://playeroftheyear.gatorade.com/poy/assets/writable/70085/2022_SB_JErickson.pdf

Key paragraph:
The 5-foot-9 senior catcher posted a .624 batting average with 25 home runs and 58 runs batted in this past
season, leading the Eagles (22-11) to the Conference 6A state tournament. Erickson, who is ranked as the nation’s
No. 10 recruit in the Class of 2022 by Extra Inning Softball, also banged out 10 doubles, scored 50 runs and walked
28 times, compiling a .704 on-base percentage and a 1.581 slugging percentage. As a catcher, the Conference 6A
Player of the Year threw out 4-of-8 would-be base stealers and picked off five runners at first base.

The president of her seminary class at her church, Erickson has volunteered locally with Feed My Starving Children
and as a youth softball coach. She has also donated her time to multiple community service initiatives through her
church. “Jocelyn is the best player in the state,” said Rich Hamilton, head coach of Red Mountain High. “We
couldn’t get her out. Offensively, she controls the plate. Pitchers have to be so careful that they usually make a
mistake. Defensively, she made you change your offensive plan because of her skills as a catcher.”

Erickson has maintained a weighted 4.12 GPA in the classroom. She has signed a National Letter of Intent to play
softball on scholarship at the University of Oklahoma this fall.

Looks like we have to recruits ready to play in 2023!

Boomer Sooner!

Latest posts

Top Bottom