2022 Waterfowl.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
wet.jpg

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's about as poor as I've ever seen duck numbers this time of the year.

View attachment 324462
I was out east, and on the arkansas river there were more ducks and geese than you could shake a stick at. Even saw some snow goose. But as I came west, in okmulgee and bristow, I hit 7 ponds/ditches/swampy areas that I always find ducks in, didnt see a single waterfown. I didnt even see any on the 5 private ponds in that area that I always see full of ducks this time of year.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I was out east, and on the arkansas river there were more ducks and geese than you could shake a stick at. Even saw some snow goose. But as I came west, in okmulgee and bristow, I hit 7 ponds/ditches/swampy areas that I always find ducks in, didnt see a single waterfown. I didnt even see any on the 5 private ponds in that area that I always see full of ducks this time of year.
Starting about 3-4 years ago they have really changed their migration imo. We had about 20y of limits just about any time we went and just about anywhere we went. Then like the flip of the switch it all changed. Not sure if it's a coincidence or not, but that's also the same year the guides and outfitters just got absolutely out of control and were on every cut field and body of water that held birds that they could get permission on and that hasn't eased up a whole lot since then, despite the poor number of birds.

Last edited:

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Starting about 3-4 years ago they have really changed their migration imo. We had about 20y of limits just about any time we went and just about anywhere we went. Then like the flip of the switch it all changed. Not sure if it's a coincidence or not, but that's also the same year the guides and outfitters just got absolutely out of control and we on every cut field and body of water that held birds that they could get permission on and that hasn't eased up a whole lot since then, despite the poor number of birds.
The outfitter deal is definitely that way around my place. :censored:

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Looks like no duck hunting for me this year.

My buddy called and said that the big but fairly shallow pond we hunt is pretty much dry.......Damn Drought !

I guarantee the pond will be over flowing it banks by next season.......I've already started doing my rain dance.

danza-dancing.gif

rjbrooks7

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Posted up in a good spot this morning. Spread that’s a proven winner. Good motion. Good numbers flying. Every bird I saw was flying Hugh. They were in larger groups so they were headed south. They made no indication they wanted to get down. Just the way it goes with migrators.

Latest posts

Top Bottom